Professor Layi Alatise
Professor in Power Electronics
Royal Society Industry Fellow
O dot Alatise at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 (0) 24 7655 1437
- BEng, PhD, CEng, FIET, SMIEEE
- Royal Society Industry Fellow (50% buy-out funded by Royal Society) , 2020 onwards
- Professor in Electrical Engineering , University of Warwick. 2019 onwards
- Reader in Electrical Engineering , University of Warwick. 2017 to 2019
- Associate Professor in Electrical Engineering , University of Warwick. 2014 to 2017
- Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering , University of Warwick. 2011 to 2014
- Innovation R&D Engineer , NXP Semiconductors UK Ltd (2008 to 2011)
- IC and Device Engineer , ATMEL North-Tyneside UK (2004 to 2005)
- PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Newcastle University (2008)
- Thesis Title : "Strained engineered Semiconductor Devices for Analog and RF applications"
- BEng (1st class) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Newcastle University (2005)
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Electron Devices, Industrial Electronics,
- Associate Editor IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics
- Advanced Power Semiconductor materials and devices for improved energy conversion
- Power Electronic Converters and Systems
- Energy Conversion in Electrical and Power Systems
- ES185. Electrical and Electronic Circuits.
- ES2B1. Energy Conversion and Power Systems.
- ES3B3. Power Systems and Electrical Machines.
- ES96Z. Electrical Machines and Drives.
Industrial Research Funding and Consultancy
- Bourns Semiconductors UK Ltd. "Characterization of Field stop IGBTs"
Royal Society Industry Fellowship
- Principal Investigator. 2020 to 2024. Industrial Secondment in Power Electronics
- EP/R004366/1. (£1.2M). Principal Investigator. 2017 to 2020. Condition Monitoring in Power Electronics
- EP/K008161/1 . (£125k). Principal Investigator. 2013 to 2015. Reliability in Power Electronics
- EPSRC Centre of Power Electronics Funding . (£300k). Principal Investigator. 2015 to 2017. Pressure Packages for Silicon Carbide.
- EP/L007010/1 . (£2M). Co-Investigator. 2014 to 2017. Underpinning Power Devices.
- EP/K034804/1. (£2M). Co-Investigator. 2014 to 2017. Components Integration in Power Electronics.
- EP/L021579/1 . (£1.1M) .Co-Investigator. 2014 to 2018. Power Electronics for HVDC.
- TSB/KTP. Co-Investigator. 2014 to 2016. Condition monitoring of power electronics for wind turbines.
- Low Carbon Network Fund FLEXDGRID. Co-Investigator. 2012 to 2015. Fault management technologies in Low voltage distribution networks.
|Title||Funder||Award start||Award end|
|A New Generation of Automotive IGBTs and Gate Drivers for Future Electric Vehicles - Royal Society Industry Fellowship||Royal Society||01 Jun 2020||31 May 2024|
|FutureBEV||Innovate UK||01 Aug 2020||31 Jan 2024|
|Novel Condition Monitoring and Health Management Technologies for High Voltage SiC Power Modules.||EPSRC||01 Oct 2017||30 Sep 2021|
|EPSRC Centre for Power Electronics: Knowledge Exchange Awards - Ultra-Fast Field Stop IGBT/Diode Development||EPSRC||01 Aug 2019||30 Nov 2019|
|The investigation of the switching transients of field-stop IGBTs||Bourns Inc||01 Jan 2019||30 Jun 2019|
|Future offshore grid - the high voltage direct current (HVDC) challenge - EPSRC-National Grid HVDC - Gate Drives (Cambridge-led) EP/L021579/1||EPSRC||01 Apr 2015||15 Jun 2019|
|Underpinning Power Electronics - Components Theme||EPSRC||01 Jul 2013||31 Oct 2017|
|Challenges in High Temperature, High Reliability and High Power Density Press Pack SiC||EPSRC||01 Jan 2015||30 Jun 2017|
|Collaboration Agreement - Low Carbon Networks Fund bid||Western Power Distribution||01 May 2013||31 Dec 2016|
|First Grant: Predictive Reliability Modelling and Characterization of Silicon Carbide Power MOS-Transistors in Grid-Connected VoltageSource Converters||EPSRC||17 Apr 2013||08 Aug 2015|
|The requirements, capabilities and costs for a Low Frequency AC transmission technology to allow for both research and training requirements to take place||SP Power Systems Limited||01 Feb 2014||18 Mar 2015|
- Dr Saeed Jahdi. (2016). Analysis of Dynamic Performance and Robustness in Silicon and Silicon Carbide Power Electronic Devices
- Dr Ji Hu. (2016). Finite Element Electrothermal Modelling and Characterization of Silicon and Silicon Carbide Power Devices
- Dr Roozbeh Bonyadi. (2016). Reliability Assessment and Modelling of Power Electronic Devices for Automotive Application and Design
- Dr Jose Ortiz Gonzalez (2017) Electrothermal Modelling for Condition Monitoring in Modern Power Devices
- Dr Petros Alexakis (2018) Reliability of wide bandgap semiconductor devices under unconventional mode conduction
- Dr Zarina Davletzhanova (2019) Characterization of Series Connected Power Devices
- Nereus Agbo (2019 to 2022) Characterization and Reliability of WBG Power Devices
- Burhan Etoz (2019 to 2022) Implementation of WBG Devices in Multi-port Converters
- Simon Mendy (2020 to 2023) Characterization and Reliability of WBG Power Devices
- Arkadeep Deb (2021 to 2024) Power Electronics for EV Charging
Post-Doctoral Research Supervision
- Dr Ruizhu Wu. (2019 to Present).
- Dr Jose Ortiz Gonzalez. (2013 to Present).
- Dr Nadeesh Nobeen. (2015 to 2016).
- Dr Qian Zhou. (2013 to 2015).
- Dr Ahmad Soli. (2014 to 2016).