Dr Subhash Lakshminarayana
Dr. Subhash Lakshminarayana is an assistant professor in the University of Warwick's School of Engineering since September 2018. Prior to joining Warwick, he worked as a research scientist at the Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC) in Singapore between 2015-2018. Before that, he held joint post-doctoral researcher appointments at Princeton University, USA and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) between 2013-2015. He received his PhD in the field of Wireless Communications at Ecole Superieure d'Electricite (Supelec) Paris, France.
He is a Senior Member of IEEE and serves as an Associate Editor at the IET Smart Grid journal and the Frontiers in Communication and Networks journal (smart grid communications section). He is affiliated with the University of Warwick's Connected Systems Group.
He is a recipient of the following awards:
- "Best 50 Papers" at Globecom-2014 (50 out of 2171 papers)
- "Best Conference Papers on Integration of Renewable & Intermittent Resources" at IEEE Power Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM) - 2015.
- Security of Cyber-Physical Systems (Power Grids/Electrified transportation systems)
- Power grid Optimization and Control
- Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (massive MIMO, IoT systems)
For a detailed description, please click here.
- S. Lakshminarayana, S. Adhikari, and C. Maple, "Analysis of IoT-Enabled Load-Altering Attacks Using the Theory of Second-Order Systems," IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, 2021.
- S. Lakshminarayana, A. Kammoun, M. Debbah, and H.V. Poor, "Data-Driven False Data Injection Attacks Against Power Grids: A Random-Matrix Approach", IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 635-646, Jan. 2021.
- S. Lakshminarayana, and D.K.Y. Yau, "Cost-Benefit Analysis of Moving Target Defense in Power Grids", IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 1152-1163, Mar. 2021.
- S. Lakshminarayana, Z. Teng, J.S. Karachiwala, R. Tan, and D.K.Y. Yau, "Performance and Resilience of Cyber-Physical Control Systems with Reactive Attack Mitigation", IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol.10, no. 6, Nov. 2019, pp. 6640-6654.
- S. Lakshminarayana, M. Debbah, and M. Assaad, "Coordinated Multi-cell Beamforming for Massive MIMO: A Random Matrix Theory Approach" IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 61, no.6, Jun. 2015, pp. 3887-3412.
Projects and Grants
- Power-SPRINT: Power Grid IoT System Protection and Resilience using Intelligent Edge, Value: £ 281,615, Oct. 2021 – Mar. 2023
- Role: Principal Investigator, Funding Body: PETRAS National Centre of Excellence for Cybersecurity of IoT Systems, UK (EPSRC-funded body)
- DIOR: Deep Intelligent Optical and Radio Communication Networks, Value: € 299,000 Euros, Aug. 2021 - Jul. 2025
- Role: Co-Investigator, Funding Body: MSCA-RISE - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)
- EUTOPIA Co-Tutelle PhD Studentship, Oct. 2021 - Aug. 2025
- Role: Principal Investigator, PhD student: Mr. Amin Nassaj