Dr Subhash Lakshminarayana
Dr. Subhash Lakshminarayana is an Associate Professor in the University of Warwick's School of Engineering since September 2018. Prior to joining Warwick, he held researcher appointments at Illinois at SingaporeLink opens in a new window (a research center established by the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign in Singapore) and Princeton UniversityLink opens in a new window, USA. He received his PhD in the field of Wireless Communications at Ecole Superieure d'Electricite (Supelec) Paris, France.
He is a Senior Member of IEEE and serves as an Associate Editor at the IET Smart Grid journalLink opens in a new window and the Frontiers in Communication and Networks journalLink opens in a new window (smart grid communications section). He is affiliated with the University of Warwick's Connected Systems GroupLink opens in a new window.
He is a recipient of the following awards:
- "Best 50 Papers" at Globecom-2014 (50 out of 2171 papers)
- "Best Conference Papers on Integration of Renewable & Intermittent Resources" at IEEE Power Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM) - 2015.
- Security of Cyber-Physical Systems (Power Grids/Electrified transportation systems)
- Power grid Optimization and Control
- Wireless Communications and Signal Processing
- S. Lakshminarayana, J. Ospina, and C. Konstantinou, "Load-Altering Attacks Against Power Grids under COVID-19 Low-Inertia ConditionsLink opens in a new window", IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy, 2022, vol.9, pp. 226-240, 2022.
- S. Lakshminarayana, S. Adhikari, and C. Maple, "Analysis of IoT-Enabled Load-Altering Attacks Using the Theory of Second-Order SystemsLink opens in a new window," IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, 2021.
- S. Lakshminarayana, A. Kammoun, M. Debbah, and H.V. Poor, "Data-Driven False Data Injection Attacks Against Power Grids: A Random-Matrix ApproachLink opens in a new window", IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 635-646, Jan. 2021.
- S. Lakshminarayana, and D.K.Y. Yau, "Cost-Benefit Analysis of Moving Target Defense in Power GridsLink opens in a new window", IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 1152-1163, Mar. 2021.
- S. Lakshminarayana, Z. Teng, J.S. Karachiwala, R. Tan, and D.K.Y. Yau, "Performance and Resilience of Cyber-Physical Control Systems with Reactive Attack MitigationLink opens in a new window", IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol.10, no. 6, Nov. 2019, pp. 6640-6654.
- S. Lakshminarayana, M. Debbah, and M. Assaad, "Coordinated Multi-cell Beamforming for Massive MIMO: A Random Matrix Theory ApproachLink opens in a new window" IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 61, no.6, Jun. 2015, pp. 3887-3412.
Projects and Grants
- CLADDED: A Cross-LAyered Data-Driven System for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Attack DetectionLink opens in a new window, Value: £ 81,770, Apr. 2022 – Feb. 2023
- Role: Co-Investigator, Funding Body: Innovate-UK CyberASAP program
- Power-SPRINT: Power Grid IoT System Protection and Resilience using Intelligent EdgeLink opens in a new window, Value: £ 281,615, Oct. 2021 – Mar. 2023
- Role: Principal Investigator, Funding Body: PETRAS National Centre of Excellence for Cybersecurity of IoT Systems, UK (EPSRC-funded body)
- DIOR: Deep Intelligent Optical and Radio Communication NetworksLink opens in a new window, Value: € 299,000 Euros, Aug. 2021 - Jul. 2025
- Role: Co-Investigator, Funding Body: MSCA-RISE - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)
- EUTOPIA Co-Tutelle PhD Studentship, Oct. 2021 - Aug. 2025
- Role: Principal Investigator, PhD student: Mr. Sajjad Maleki