- Module code: ES4A4
- Module name: Biomedical Systems Modelling
- Department: School of Engineering
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
A wide variety of biomedical processes behave as dynamic systems where the system states vary in time, often in response to external stimuli or interventions. The aims of this module are to introduce techniques and computer tools for modelling, predicting, analysing and understanding dynamic behaviour in biomedical systems. .
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of the module the student should be able to:
- Develop physically based dynamic models of biomedical systems.
- Use analytical techniques to assess the qualitative behaviour of biomedical systems models
- Contextualise and evaluate the role and use of continuous systems simulation in Biomedical Systems Modelling
- Validate biomedical systems models from experimental data using a variety of methods and approaches