- Module code: ES97K
- Module name: Computational Intelligence in Biomedical Engineering
- Department: School of Engineering
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
The module will provide the student with a firm grounding in methods and tools for extracting information from biomedical signals and data.
The module will introduce the practical implementation of computational intelligence techniques applied to digitally acquired biomedical signals.
Principal learning outcomes
At the end of the module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic knowledge of the complex physical and physiological principles that underpin the measurement of biomedical signals/ data.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the principles of computational intelligence.
- Systematically apply computational intelligence techniques to extract relevant information from biomedical signal measurements/ data.
- Critically assess the appropriateness of different computational intelligence techniques for various problems in the field.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of techniques applied to biomedical signals/ data against specific benchmarks
- Participate in a multidisciplinary working group for the systematic design and development of an innovative solution to a practical problem.