- Module code: ES3C5
- Module name: Signal Processing
- Department: School of Engineering
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
The module aims to develop the student’s ability to:
- Select and apply appropriate mathematical methods for modelling and analysing signals;
- Understand the scientific principles underlying the generation of signals;
- practical skills in a laboratory session in which the relevant test and measurement equipment is available;
- Select and apply appropriate computer based methods for modelling signals and communication systems;
- Design simple signal processing systems.
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of the module the student should be able to:
- Apply mathematics to analyse deterministic and random signals and to analyse processing systems.
- Apply Signal Processing to classify signals and extract information.
- Critique practical issues behind signal processing and information retrieval
- Design signal processing systems
- Model Signals, filters and processes using computer packages
- Evaluate Signals and Systems using laboratory test and measurement equipment