- Module code: ES4C3
- Module name: Mathematical and Computer Modelling
- Department: School of Engineering
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
To provide the theoretical background to basic and advanced modelling techniques and computational methods as used in engineering and to provide the necessary software application skills for using the techniques and methods in Matlab environment.
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of the module the student should be able to:
- Built or select mathematical models over a wide range of application areas in engineering.
- Intelligently select and use suitable computational methods and software systems for engineering tasks.
- Evaluate the principles, purpose, and limitations of models and computational methods used in engineering software.
- Implement, evaluate and use key computational methods in Matlab environment..