The facility is equipped with a range of furnace units. Some units are capable of thermal oxidation of substrates, others are capable of annealing processes and some are capable of both.
- Carbolite CTF18300 tube furnace with oxidizing atmosphere. Gas flow up to 10 SLM and temperature up to 1750°C. Supports substrates up to 75mm.
- Hitech oxidation furnace. Precision programmable flow of inert and oxidizing gases from 0.1 to 10 SLM. Multistage programmable temperature profile. Temperatures up to 1700°C with inert atmospheres and 1400°C with oxidizing atmospheres.
- Carbolite CTF18300 tube furnace with inert and forming gas atmospheres. Gas flow up to 10 SLM and temperature up to 1750°C. Supports substrates up to 75mm.
- Thermco minibrute tube furnace incorporating inert and atmospheres. Gas flow up to 7 SLM and temperatures up to 1000°C. Supports substrates up to 4" diameter
- AGA Heatpulse 610 rapid thermal annealler (RTA). Inert atmosphere processing up to 1300°C. Ramp rates up to 200°C/s.
Thermal oxidation of silicon carbide