- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Medical Devices
- Big Data
- Tools Development for Mobile Health Applications
- Health Technology Assessment
- Embedded Systems
Positions & Responsibilities:
- Doctoral Researcher in Biomedical Engineering at the Applied Biomedical Signal Processing and Intelligent eHealth (ABSPIE) lab, University of Warwick.
- Collaborator of the Clinical Engineering Division (CED) of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE).
- Member, School of Engineering Equality and Diversity Committee (EDC), University of Warwick.
- Panelist, WHO-IFMBE CED COVID-19 critical topic webinar series (Topics - Masks, Respirators, and Face Shields; Season I Summary).
Busola Oronti was born in Ikire, Nigeria. She obtained her Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, majoring in Electronics. She later proceeded for her master’s degree, also in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Communications option), at the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
Prior to her resumption at the University of Warwick for her PhD program, she had worked as a Laboratory Scientist, and had served as the Head of all laboratories in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta, a position she held for close to twelve years. She is currently a lecturer at the Department of Mechatronics Engineering in the same University.
She is a Registered Engineer (R.Engr.) with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), and had served as an executive committee member in her local branch of The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), and the Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN), where she held several sensitive positions. She is also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) and the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD).
She has worked severally outside of the university environment as a System Support Engineer with an Internet Service Provider (ISP), an IT Instructor in a non-governmental organization, as well as a Line Manager in a packaging company. Her current research interests include the development of medical devices for low resource settings (LRS), applications of Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), and the Internet of Things (IoT) in the prevention, diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases.
Also, she has published a number of peer reviewed research papers in reputable journals. Her hobbies include reading, writing, singing, meeting new people, exploring the word of God and relaxing with family and friends.
Scholarships, Awards & Waivers
- The Nigerian Government Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) scholarship scheme for doctoral training and development for university teaching staff. (02/2019 – 02/ 2022)
- The Laura Bassi Editorial Assistance Scholarship Award for junior academics. https://editing.press/bassi.php (Winter, 2019)
- Conference registration fee waiver for the 3rd International Congress of Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management, Rome, Italy. (21st - 22nd October 2019)
- Conference registration fee waiver for the CIFAR & Milla Deep Learning + Reinforcement Learning Summer School, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, (3rd – 7th August 2020)
- Orimolade Joseph Folorunso, Oronti Iyabosola Busola and Olopade Abdullah Oluwatosin, (December 2019), “A Control System for Assessing Commercial Face Recognition Software for Racial Bias”. International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol. 177, No. 28, pp. 27-33.
- B. Oronti, J. F. Orimolade and A. M. Timothy, (July, 2018), “Development of an IoT Based Patient Health Management System”. Umudike Journal of Engineering and Technology (UJET), Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 65-71.
- Fidelis, O. Busola, A. Adebola & B. Adedayo, (2016), “Microbial Fuelcell Technology: Prospects For Wastewater Treatment and Tackling Electricity Challenges in Nigeria”. LAUTECH Journal of Engineering and Technology, 10 (2), pp. 53-57.
B Oral and Poster Presentations
- Iyabosola Busola Oronti and Leandro Pecchia, “Hypertension Diagnosis and Management in Africa Using Mobile Phones: A Scoping Review”. Accepted for Poster Presentation at the III International Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management Congress, Rome – Italy, October 21st - 22nd, 2019.
- M. Amusan, I. B. Oronti and J. F. Orimolade, “Development of IoT-Based Patient Health Monitoring and Management System”. Accepted for Oral Research Presentation at the III International Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management Congress, Rome – Italy, October 21st - 22nd, 2019.