Why Maths at Warwick?
We offer a huge number of exciting modules allowing you to develop and pursue your interests within mathematics. Many 3rd and 4th year modules offer a glimpse of the latest developments in mathematics research.
You are free to do 100% maths, or if you prefer, we offer the opportunity to choose options from several other world-class departments at Warwick. This provides flexibility to tailor your degree to suit your interests and your potential career.
Mathematics degree courses
We offer two single-subject mathematics degrees:
This is a 3-year maths degree that is broad and highly flexible.
1st year: 8 core modules (75% of the typical workload)
2nd year: 5 core modules plus an essay (55% of typical workload)
3rd year: No core, but you will do at least 50% maths
This 4-year degree is a natural route for those contemplating a mathematical career in industry, business or academia.
Same core as the BSc degree
Students must do at least 75% maths each year
In year four, students undertake a substantial project at the edge of mathematical research, or at the interface of real-world applications.
Explore other related degree courses
- Discrete Mathematics (BSc)
- Discrete Mathematics (MEng)
- Data Science (BSc)
- Data Science (MSci)
- Mathematics and Philosophy (BA/BSc)
- Mathematics and Physics (BSc)
- Mathematics and Physics (MMathPhys)
- Mathematics and Statistics (BSc)
- Mathematics and Statistics (MMathStat)
- MORSE (Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics) (BSc)
- MMORSE (Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics)