Out of hospital cardiac arrest
Bystander CPR / AED
I am an NIHR Clinical Lecturer in Emergency Medicine, with an interest in EM- and community resuscitation research.
I am part of the EPPiC research group
I completed a PhD in Health Sciences at WMS in February 2021
- Brown, Terry, Perkins, Gavin D., Smith, Christopher Matthew, Deakin, Charles D., Fothergill, Rachael, 2022. Are there disparities in the location of Automated External Defibrillators in England?. Resuscitation, 170, pp. 28-35
- 'Smith, Christopher Matthew, 'Lall, Ranjit, 'Fothergill, Rachael T., 'Spaight, Robert, 'Perkins, Gavin D., 2022. 'The effect of the GoodSAM volunteer first-responder app on survival to hospital discharge following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. European Heart Journal, 11 (1), pp. 20-31
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Lall, Ranjit, Spaight, Robert, Fothergill, Rachael T., Brown, Terry, Perkins, Gavin D., 2021. Calculating real-world travel routes instead of straight-line distance in the community response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation Plus, 8
'Dee, Ryan, 'Smith, Michael, 'Rajendran, Kausala, 'Perkins, Gavin D., 'Smith, Chris M., 'Vaillancourt, Christian, 'Avis, Suzanne, 'Brooks, Steven, 'Castren, Maaret, 'Chung, Sung Phil, 'Considine, Julie, 'Escalante, Raffo, 'Han, Lim Swee, 'Hatanaka, Tetsuo, 'Hazinski, Mary Fran, 'Hung, Kevin, 'Kudenchuk, Peter, 'Morley, Peter, 'Ng, Kee-Chong, 'Nishiyama, Chika et al (Select to open full list), 2021.
'Wyckoff, Myra H., 'Singletary, Eunice M., 'Soar, Jasmeet, 'Olasveengen, Theresa M., 'Greif, Robert, 'Liley, Helen G., 'Zideman, David, 'Bhanji, Farhan, 'Andersen, Lars W., 'Avis, Suzanne R., 'Aziz, Khalid, 'Bendall, Jason C., 'Berry, David C., 'Borra, Vere, 'B?ttiger, Bernd W., 'Bradley, Richard, 'Bray, Janet E., 'Breckwoldt, Jan, 'Carlson, Jestin N., 'Cassan, Pascal et al (Select to open full list), 2021.
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Griffiths, Frances, Fothergill, Rachael T., Vlaev, Ivo, Perkins, Gavin D., 2020. Identifying and overcoming barriers to Automated External defibrillator use by GoodSAM volunteer first-responders in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest using the theoretical Domains Framework and Behavour Change Wheel. A qualitative study. BMJ Open, 10
Olasveengen, Theresa M., Mancini, Mary E., Perkins, Gavin D., Avis, Suzanne, Brooks, Steven, Castrén, Maaret, Chung, Sung Phil, Considine, Julie, Couper, Keith, Escalante, Raffo, Hatanaka, Tetsuo, Hung, Kevin K.C., Kudenchuk, Peter, Lim, Swee Han, Nishiyama, Chika, Ristagno, Giuseppe, Semeraro, Federico, Smith, Christopher Matthew, Smyth, Michael A., Vaillancourt, Christian et al (Select to open full list), 2020.
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, 2019. Lay first-responders alerted to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest by smartphone app ? Not so novel any longer, and it's time to do more. Resuscitation, 141, pp. 202-203
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Perkins, Gavin D., 2018. Improving bystander defibrillation for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest : capability, opportunity and motivation. Resuscitation, 124, pp. A15-A16
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Lim Choi Keung, Sarah Niukyun, Khan, Mohammed Omar, Arvanitis, Theodoros N., Fothergill, Rachael, Hartley-Sharpe, Christopher, Wilson, Mark H., Perkins, Gavin D., 2017. Barriers and facilitators to public access defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest : a systematic review. European Heart Journal - Quality of Care and Clinical Outcomes, 3 (4), pp. 264-273
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Wilson, Mark H., Hartley-Sharpe, Christopher, Gwinnutt, Carl, Dicker, Bridget, Perkins, Gavin D., 2017. The use of trained volunteers in the response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest ? the GoodSAM Experience. Resuscitation, 121, pp. 123-126
- Rhys, Alexander D., Monteiro, Pedro, Smith, Christopher Matthew, Vaghela, Malti, Arnandis, Teresa, Kato, Takuya, Leitinger, Birgit, Sahai, Erik, McAinsh, Andrew D., Charras, Guillaume, Godinho, Susana A., 2017. Loss of E-cadherin provides tolerance to centrosome amplification in epithelial cancer cells. The Journal of Cell Biology, 217 (1), pp. 195-209
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Woolrich-Burt, L., Wellings, R. M. (Richard M.), Costa, Matthew L., 2011. Major trauma CT scanning : the experience of a regional trauma centre in the UK. Emergency Medicine Journal, 28 (5), pp. 378-382
- Spooner, Brendan B., Fallaha, Jon F., Kocierz, Laura, Smith, Christopher Matthew, Smith, Sam C. L., Perkins, Gavin D., 2007. An evaluation of objective feedback in basic life support (BLS) training. Resuscitation, Vol.73 (No.3), pp. 417-424
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, 2020. Improving public-access automated external defibrillator use in a volunteer first-responder system for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Wilson, Mark H., Perkins, Gavin D., 2018. Reply to : Letter by Derkenne et al. regarding the article, ?The use of trained volunteers in the response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest ? The GoodSAM experience.'. Resuscitation, Elsevier Ireland Ltd
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Yeung, Joyce, 2018. Airway management in cardiac arrest -- not a question of choice but of quality?. Resuscitation, Elsevier Ireland Ltd, pp. A5-A6
- Smith, Christopher Matthew, Perkins, Gavin D., Bullock, Ian, Bion, Julian F., 2007. Undergraduate training in the care of the acutely ill patient : a literature review. Intensive Care Medicine, Springer, pp. 901-907
|Title||Funder||Award start||Award end|
|Resuscitation Council (UK):Research and Development Grant 2019: Drone Delivered Defibrillators (The 3D Project): a usability study||Resuscitation Council (UK)||03 Feb 2020||02 Feb 2021|