Welcome to Warwick!
PG Induction Week will take place online week commencing 5th of October 2020. Meetings with your supervisor and research team will be in-person where possible.
If you have any queries, please contact the Physics Postgraduate Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: These events are mandatory for all Postgraduates joining the Department in 2020. If you are unable to attend these sessions online you must contact email@example.com - explaining the reason why you cannot attend. Your absence will then need to be authorised by the Director of Graduate Studies.
Before You Arrive:
- Please start to read the Physics Department's Postgraduate website
- You can find a useful University Checklist and lots of useful information on your My Warwick Page
- General arrival information- includes informing department if arriving late, and information for Tier 4 students
- International arrivals-airport transfers etc
- Information for International students
- Self-isolation guidance if applicable-including how to get food (students travelling into UK only)
- Staying safe- on Campus (COVID -19)
Living off campus
- Don't forget to Enrol!
- Doctoral College Welcome events
- Opening a UK bank account for International students
- Directions to the department can be found here.
- Campus map
- You can find information on Postgraduate Researcher parking permits here
- If you will be receiving a Stipend, it is essential we have your UK bank details if you have not already provided these, please follow these instructions:
Login to http://warwick.ac.uk/evision
From your Student finance page select the
“Providing Your Bank Details” tab on the left
Then click on the
“Collecting bank details for payments to students” screen.
Select the PG/UG Awards from the drop down list and continue
To enter your bank sort code and account number.
Once bank details are uploaded students cannot change them. Students should email firstname.lastname@example.org if they need to amend their bank account details.
- Please arrange with your Supervisor when and where you should meet them on your first day (please avoid the times listed in the induction timetable below).
Your Supervisor will organise your group induction and introduce you to the rest of your Research Group.
You should already be in contact with your Supervisor, but if you need their contact details, please check the Physics Staff Directory
If you are unsure who you should contact, please email email@example.com
- Collecting your Warwick ID card
INDUCTION WEEK -5th of October 2020
Monday 5th of October, 2:00-3:30pm, delivered online via Microsoft Teams
14:00 Start and welcome from Director of Graduate Studies
14:05 Welcome from the Head of Department
14:15 Talk from a current student
14:30 Induction for PhD students by Director of Graduate Studies [no need for MSc students to attend]
15:15 Induction for MSc by Research students by Director of Graduate Studies [no need for PhD students to attend]
This session is mandatory and will contain extremely important information for all Postgraduates, whether you are a previous Warwick student or if you are new to Warwick, the session will take place online with further information to follow.
The Director of Graduate Studies, James Lloyd-Hughes will give a talk. There will also be other staff and students providing information about the Department and PG Study. If you will be unable to attend this meeting, you must notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 6th of October, 2:00-3:00pm, delivered online by John Horsler via Microsoft Teams
Please note the health and safety briefing is mandatory
Wednesday 7th of October, 10:00am-12:00, delivered online via Microsoft Teams
This session is compulsory for individuals that will be teaching in the department.