Location of Conference:
The TO-BE Spring meeting 2016 will be held at the Physics Department, University of Warwick, England.
The meeting will take place on the third floor of the Physics building. The Physics Lecture Theatre (PLT) and Lecture Theatre 5 (LT5) will be used for the conference, they are located off the Physics concourse.
Instructions for poster presentations
In preparing your poster for the meeting, please note that the format for the poster is A0 portrait (vertical). Other formats will not fit the board and you will be unable to display your poster on the board provided.
Registration will take place on Wednesday the 6th of April on the Physics concourse at 9:00am
For those that are attending the confernce dinner at Warwick Castle on Thursday night, there will be 2 coaches to Warwick castle leaving at 18:30 hrs from the
bus interchange on campus, please look out for Johnsons coaches. The coaches will pick delegates up from Warwick castle at 23:00hrs and return to the interchange.
International Visitors information:
The University of Warwick is easily accessed from all major airports in the UK. There are two regional airports and the campus can also be reached by public transport from all the major London airports (see below).
|View University of Warwick (Airports) in a larger map|
- London Heathrow has many more flights, and is about 2 hours away from Coventry either by bus (National Express) or by rail (via London). The bus option is simpler and cheaper.
- London Luton also has various international flights, and is under 2 hours from Coventry by bus (National Express).
- London Gatwick is the second largest airport in the UK, offering a variety of international flights, and is 3hrs 30mins from Coventry by bus (National Express).
- London Stansted has various international flights, and is 3hrs 30mins from Coventry by bus (National Express).
Coventry can also be reached by train from all the London airports listed above. For more information see the National Rail website.
Note that the University is not in the town of Warwick (which is about 8 miles away), and it is not the same as Coventry University (which is a different university, located in the centre of Coventry). This is important when telling taxi drivers where you want to be.
Car parking is available for conference delegates in any of the Central Campus non barriered car parks (shared use).
If you require a car park permit please see the following link where you will need to where you will register, download and print your permit to be displayed in your vehicle. https://carparking.warwick.ac.uk/events/cost-conferenceDisabled parking spaces are available within all car parks and close to some accommodation areas, please inform your Event Organiser if you require a disabled car parking space (for blue badge holders only).
As and when car parks become full, you will be directed to alternative parking. We advise that you allow sufficient time, for up to a fifteen minute walk to get to your destination.
Your accommodation will be located in the Arthur Vick block, please report to the conference reception in the Students Union building to check in and collect your keys.
The Conference Park is on the Central Campus of the University of Warwick located on the outskirts of Coventry, which is accessible by road, rail and air. You can download further information from the website at www.warwickconferences.com following the link ‘how to find us’. A further link can be found for any relevant traffic information at http://www.warwickconferences.com/delegates/delegates-conference-park. The Conference Park is the name given to the facilities provided by Warwick Conferences on the Central University campus.
(Please click on map for larger image)
Located within the Students Union Building. The Reception team are available to answer your queries between 07:00 – 23:00. Here you can also collect information on:
- How to connect to the Wi-Fi around campus
- Request additional bedroom supplies such as pillows, blankets, clock radio or a bath mat
- Arrange for secure luggage storage
You will be provided with a key or key card which will access your room and entry door to the residence. Keys can be left at Conference Reception, Rootes Restaurant (in Rootes Building) or one of the boxes situated in the entrance halls of each residence on the day of your departure.
Bedroom check in/out:
Bedroom keys will be available from 15:00 to 23:00 at Conference Reception. If you plan to arrive after 22.45, please contact Conference Reception to arrange late key collection (firstname.lastname@example.org). Rooms need to be vacated by 09:30 on your day of departure and all luggage and belongings should be removed by that time. Please inform Conference Reception on arrival, of any difficulties you may have in the unlikely event of an evacuation from your accommodation (e.g. hearing or mobility difficulties).
The University of Warwick aims to be accessible and welcoming to everyone and we are committed to making your visit as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you have any particular requirements that we should be aware of, then please discuss these with your Event Organiser.
The launderette is situated between Rootes Building and Rootes residences, opening times are available from Conference Reception for self-service washing and drying. All machines and dryers are operated using a card payment system, the cards can be purchased from the launderette at a cost of £10 (£2 for the card and £8 of available spend for use on machines or dryers). You will need to provide your own washing powder and fabric softener.
Wi-Fi access across campus:
To connect your device to the Warwick Guest Wi-Fi network.
- If the Warwick Guest gateway page does not open automatically then open a browser such as Explorer, Chrome or Safari and you should be redirected
- If you are not yet registered use Click Here to create a new account and then Attending a Conference
- Fill in your details and you will be sent a password by text
- If you are unable to use your mobile phone then at the bottom of the page use Click Here to register and the details will be sent to your email address. Please ask a member of staff if you need access to a computer to retrieve your login details
- Return to the main login page and enter your details. You may use up to three devices simultaneously and your account will be valid for one week
- If you still cannot get to the login page try typing the following address into your browser: cppm.csv.warwick.ac.uk/guest/guest_login_uow.php (Note that if you use this method you will have to manually login this way each time)
- If you lose your password you can re-register at any time with the same phone number and email address. Your previous password will be overwritten
- Your devices will be logged out after 24 hours of inactivity and you will be required to login again
Food and Drink:
Any evening meals and breakfast provided as part of your selected package will be provided in the Rootes Restaurant located on the first floor of Rootes Building for all delegates (unless your programme indicates otherwise). Please have with you your conference badge or room key to gain access to the restaurant. If you have any special dietary requirements then please inform your Event Organiser.
The bar is located on the first floor of Rootes Building and is the ideal place to network and relax after a day’s session. There are also alternative bars in Warwick Arts Centre and Students Union building (check opening times locally)
Shops, Banks, Cafés and Bars on Central campus:
The campus has many facilities available to all delegates, for all information and opening times please see the website: http://www.warwickretail.com . Warwick Arts Centre cinema offers discounted cinema ticket prices, these can be purchased from the box office and proof of delegate status is required (not applicable for Met Opera Live or NT Live screening).
Your room key gives you free unlimited access to Warwick Sport’s premium leisure facilities on campus. The opening hours are 07:00 to 21:30 (Monday to Friday) and 08:15 to 19:30 (Saturday and Sunday) with free use of the following with no booking required:
- 25 metre swimming pool & sauna
- State of the art gym
- Running track
The following facilities are also free of charge, but need to be booked in advance:
- Badminton courts
- Squash courts
To make a booking please call the Sports Centre Reception on 23011 on any internal phone or 024 76523011 externally or email email@example.com
Other sports facilities that can be used but at additional charge are:
- Tennis centre with 4 indoor and 4 outdoor courts
- Climbing centre with 14 metre high walls and a bouldering room
- Sports halls for basketball, 5-a-side football, netball or volleyball
- Outdoor Astro or grass pitches for football, rugby or cricket
You can take the towel from your bedroom or alternatively you can hire a towel from the Sports Centre at a cost of £2. You need to bring your room key with you to access any of the facilities and also a £1 coin if you require a locker, which is refunded after use.
For further information such as equipment hire fees and gym induction video, please visit: www.warwick.ac.uk/sport
For more information:
You can also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document (FAQ’s) which can be obtained from the Warwick conferences website: http://www.warwickconferences.com/delegates/delegates-conference-park