Dr. Subham Majumdar was a postdoctoral research assistant in the Superconductivity and Magnetism Group from February 2001 to June 2004. His work was supported by a grant from the EPSRC . Subham is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Solid State Physics, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Calcutta, India.
Areas of interest include low temperature measurements of the magnetic, transport and thermodynamic properties of superconducting and magnetic systems including rare earth intermetallic compounds. Present research activities include:
- Magneto-structural instability in Heusler type alloys and rare-earth intermetallic compounds
- Giant Magnetoresistive and Magneto-caloric materials
- Electronic phase separation in transition metal oxides
- Strong electron correlations in solids
- Low dimensional magnetic behaviour in oxides and oxy-halides
Please see Subham's current web page for more details.