The project BSMwLHCb is funded by an ERC Starting Investigator grant to run from 1 Feb. 2010 to 31 January 2016. The full title is
- To develop advanced techniques based on Dalitz plot analysis to improve the physics reach of LHCb.
- To study potential systematic biases in the analysis techniques and to ensure that these remain below the level of achievable statistical precision.
- To deploy these techniques and to make precise measurements of fundamental parameters, including:
- the Unitarity Triangle angle γ,
- the Unitarity Triangle angle β,
- the CP-violating phase of Bs0–Bs0bar oscillations, ϕs,
- the CP-violating phase of D0 –D0bar oscillations, ϕD.
- To make multiple measurements of these parameters using decays mediated by different quark-level transitions in order to over-constrain the Standard Model.
- To train students in the use of the advanced analysis techniques that have been developed, and to promote their use more widely.
- To advance the sensitivity to effects of new particles contributing in loops to the extent that such contributions will be definitively observed or highly constrained.
- Tim Gershon (PI)
- Tom Latham (post doc)
- Mark Whitehead (post doc, Apr. 2012 - Aug.2015)
- Tomas Pilar (Ph.D. student, Oct. 2010 - Mar. 2014)
- Matthew Reid (Ph.D. student, Oct. 2010 - Mar. 2014)
- Eugenia Puccio (Ph.D. student, Apr. 2011 - Jun. 2011)
- Rafael Coutinho (Ph. D. student, Oct. 2011 - Mar. 2015)
- Daniel Craik (Ph.D. student, Oct. 2011 - Aug. 2015)
- Charlotte Wallace (Ph.D. student since Oct. 2012)
- Daniel O'Hanlon (Ph.D. student since Oct. 2013)
The full list of journal publications of the LHCb experiment is given on the website of the LHCb experiment. A full list of papers from the Warwick LHCb Group is also available. Here only the papers most relevant to the project are listed:
- “ΔΓd: A Forgotten Null Test of the Standard Model,” T. Gershon. arXiv:1007.5135 [hep-ph] published in J.Phys.G38 (2011) 015007.
- “Studies of beauty baryons decaying to Dpπ and DpK,” LHCb Collaboration. CERN-LHCb-CONF-2011-036.
- “First observation of the decay Bs0bar→D0K*0 and measurement of the ratio of branching fractions B(Bs0bar→D0K*0)/B(Bd0bar→D0ρ0),” LHCb Collaboration. CERN-LHCb-CONF-2011-008. arXiv:1110.3676. Published in : Phys. Lett. B 706 (2011) 32
- "Observation of excited Λ0b baryons," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1205.3452, published in Phys. Rev. Lett. 109 (2012) 172003
- "Branching fraction measurements of B0d,s decays to K0Sh±h′∓ final states, including first observation of B0s→K0SK±π∓," LHCb Collaboration. CERN-LHCb-CONF-2012-023.
- "Observation of the decay B0 → D0bar K+ K- and evidence for Bs → D0bar K+ K-," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1207.5991, published in Phys. Rev. Lett. 109 (2012) 131801
- "Search for the decay Bs → D*-+ π+-," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1302.6446, published in Phys. Rev. D87 (2013) 071101(R)
- "Measurement of the branching fractions of the decays B0s→D0barK−π+ and B0→D0barK+π−," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1304.6317, published in Phys. Rev. D 87 (2013) 112009
- "Searches for B0(s)→J/ψ p pbar and B+→J/ψ p pbar π+ decays," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1306.4489, published in JHEP 09 (2013) 006
- "Study of B0(s)→K0Sh+h′− decays with first observation of B0s→K0SK±π∓ and B0s→K0Sπ+π−," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1307.7648, published in JHEP 10 (2013) 143
- "Studies of beauty baryon decays to D0ph− and Λ+ch− final states," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1311.4823, published in Phys. Rev. D 89 (2014) 032001
- "Searches for Λ0b and Ξ0b decays to K0Spπ− and K0SpK− final states with first observation of the Λ0b→K0Spπ− decay," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1402.0770, published in JHEP 04 (2014) 087
- "Observation of the B0s→J/ψK0SK±π∓ decay," LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1405.3219, published in JHEP 07 (2014) 140
- "Observation of overlapping spin-1 and spin-3 D0barK- resonances at mass 2.86 GeV/c2", LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1407.7574, published in PRL 113 (2014) 162001
- "Dalitz plot analysis of Bs0 → D0barK-π+ decays", LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1407.7712, published in PRD 90 (2014) 072003
- "Observation of Bs0→K*+-K-+ and evidence for Bs0→K*-π+ decays", LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1407.7704, published in NJP 16 (2014) 123001
- "JFIT: a framework to obtain combined experimental results through joint fits", T. Latham et al. arXiv:1409.5080
- "First observation and amplitude analysis of the B−→D+K−π− decay", LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1503.02995, published in PRD 91 (2015) 092002
- "Amplitude analysis of B0→ D0barK+π- decays", LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1505.01505, published in PRD 92 (2015) 012012
- "Search for the decay Bs0→ D0bar f0(980)", LHCb Collaboration. arXiv:1505.01654, published in JHEP 08 (2015) 005
- "Contributions to the width difference in the neutral D system from hadronic decays", T. Gershon, J. Libby and G. Wilkinson, arXiv:1506.08594, published in Phys. Lett. B750 (2015) 338
- "Model-independent measurement of mixing parameters in D0→KSπ+π− decays", arXiv:1510.01664, published in JHEP 04 (2016) 033
- "First observation of the rare B+→D+K+π− decay", arXiv:1512.02494, published in PR D93 (2016) 051101(R)
- "Constraints on the unitarity triangle angle γ from Dalitz plot analysis of B0→DK+π− decays", arXiv:1602.03455, published in PR D93 (2016) 112018
- "Observations of Λ0b→ΛK+π− and Λ0b→ΛK+K− decays and searches for other Λ0b and Ξ0b decays to Λh+h′− final states", arXiv:1603.00413, published as JHEP 05 (2016) 081
- "The Laura++ Dalitz plot fitter", proceedings of Hadron 2015, available as arXiv:1603.00752
- "Amplitude analysis of B- → D+π-π- decays", available as arXiv:1608.01289, published as PR D94 (2016) 072001