I am interested in using data from the LHCb experiment at CERN to understand quark flavour and electroweak symmetry breaking.
I currently organise weekly EPP seminars on Thursday afternoon at 16:00 during term time.
My Ph.D thesis was on the analysis of data from the D0 experiment at the Fermilab Tevatron proton-antiproton collider.
Publications, talks and events
- Upcoming Seminar (3rd March): INFN Genoa, Measurement of the W boson mass.
- Talk: The LHCb experiment and its real time analysis system, RSE Spring meeting, Warwick.
- Paper: A Comparison of CPU and GPU Implementations for the LHCb Experiment Run 3 Trigger, Computing and Software for Big Science (2022) 6:1
- Seminar: M. Vesterinen, Measurement of the W boson mass, IJClab, Orsay, Paris, 15th November 2021.
- Seminar: M. Vesterinen, Measurement of the W boson mass, Bohr lunch seminar at University of Manchester, 22nd October.
- Conference talk: M. Vesterinen, W mass measurement at LHCb,
Jahrestreffen der deutschen LHCb-Gruppen, Dortmund, Germany, 8th October 2021.
- Seminar: M. Vesterinen, Measurement of the W boson mass, University of Cincinnati, 5th October 2021.
- Preprint: LHCb Collaboration, Measurement of the W boson mass https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.01113 (submitted to JHEP, 2nd September 2021)
- Conference IOC, Offshell 2021 6-9 July 2021, virtual.
- Seminar: M. Vesterinen, Measurement of the W boson mass with LHCb, CERN seminar, 29 June.
- Conference talk: M. Vesterinen, Real-time analysis in Run 3 with the LHCb experiment, CPAD 2021, 8-12 March
- Paper: W. Barter, M. Pili, M. Vesterinen, A simple method to determine curvature biases in track reconstruction at hadron colliders, EPJC 81 (2021) 3, 251 2101.05675Link opens in a new window [hep-ex]
- Paper: LHCb Collaboration, Phys. Rev. Lett. 126 081804 2012.05143
- Warwick week lectures on calorimetry
- Tutoring at STFC summer school on High Energy Physics
- MPhys projects