Careers Support (Work experience and placements)
A number of our degrees offer workplace or industrial experience as part of the course; students on many more of our courses take up internship opportunities as a way of gaining relevant occupational experience. All students have the option to apply for a voluntary year out to undertake work-based learning. We can help you source work experience, including internships.
Alternatively, you can gain experience through approximately 8,000 opportunities to work or volunteer here on campus. Our temping agency, Unitemps, shares vacancies and can help to find you a job that fits around your study. You may also develop new skills through study abroad or additional overseas activities such as summer schools and volunteering. Our perfect career, you can access support at any point in your degree and after you graduate through our Student Opportunity team.
- Psychology Placement Teaching Fellow (Dr Gitit Kadar-Satat)
- Detailed guidance from your Psychology careers consultant (Siobhan Qadir)
- Help with job applications and interview practice
- Face-to-face and online courses to develop leadership, enterprise and communication skills
- Contact with employers through careers fairs, employer presentations and workshops
- Support for finding placements
- 8,000+ on-campus work experience opportunities
- Graduate-level vacancies
- Access to Warwick’s paid Graduate Internship Scheme
Psychology students at Warwick can apply for a one-year or part-year intercalated work placement in the UK or abroad. We provide our student with support and guidance around identifying and applying for placements. Our students have undertaken one-year or part-year intercalated work placements between their second and final year in organisations like Virgin Media, BMW, City Year UK, Microsoft, and other employers.
We are currently expanding our work experience portfolio by drawing on and extending our partnership with organisations across all sectors. Our dedicated Placement officer, Dr. Gitit Kadar-Satat, works closely with the department's Senior Careers Service to support you in developing employability and transferable skills.
We offer careers and skills support throughout your time at Warwick and after graduation, including:
- Access to nearly 300 representatives from all job sectors that visit campus each year for careers fairs, presentations and workshops
- Departmental careers consultants with an in-depth understanding of your subject
- Job applications and interview practice
- Face-to-face and online skills development courses
- Access to thousands of job vacancies, targeted specifically at Warwick students
Welcome from Luke Mepham
Student Opportunities & Employability
|Student Opportunities & Employability|
"My internship so far"
“I will not lie – it has been a lot of effort, and I never run out of anything to do. However, this experience has boosted my confidence. I have realised that I am able to pick up relevant research skills quickly and efficiently.”
Read and Example of Our Student Led Magazine