-- Choose your pathway --
As a Graduate Trainee Engineer, you’ll rotate within functions related to your chosen pathway and individual skillset, gaining experience of applied research in a fast-paced environment, and developing your technical knowledge and skills.
Pay and Benefits
We offer a generous salary and benefits. We will provide you with the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment where you can be yourself and achieve your best.
A competitive graduate starting salary of £27,116
26 days paid annual leave, plus four customary days over Christmas, and eight Bank Holidays
Access to a variety of learning and development opportunities
Each graduate will also have the opportunity to undertake a subsidised PGCert in Automotive Technology, as well as an APM Project Management and Control Qualification as part of the programme.
-- Pushing the boundaries of mobility --
Develop business skills to compliment technical knowledge
Whichever pathway you choose, you’ll be able to supplement your technical knowledge with key skills including:
- Commercial and business awareness – understand the commercial context of research achievements and develop your financial awareness
- Project Management – work on project delivery alongside an experienced Project Manager, and study for a recognised Project Management qualification
- PGCert in Automotive Technology - as part of the two year programme you will complete PG modules that will lead to you being awarded a PGCert in Automotive Technology.
- Soft skills for the workplace, such as time management, IT competency, and emotional intelligence
- Scientific writing, communication and PR
Pay and reward
- A competitive graduate starting salary of £27116
- 26 days paid annual leave, plus four customary days over Christmas, and eight statutory Bank Holidays
- A tailored Personal Development Plan
- Access to CPD courses in Scientific Writing, Leadership and Scientific Writing.
What our current Graduate Engineers love about the WMG Graduate Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Access to Graduate social events and networking groups
- Access to fantastic on-campus facilities such as our Sports Centre, Swimming pool and Climbing Wall. As well as fantastic coffee shops and eateries.
- A designated 'Graduate Buddy'. All Graduate Engineers are provided with a buddy, a previous graduate that will act as a Mentor to you during the two year programme.
Where could this lead?
95% of our previous Graduate Engineer cohorts have successfully secured Project Engineer or equivalent roles within WMG at the end of their two year programme, this success is a testament to the quality of our Graduate scheme.
Potential opportunities on completing the programme include:
- A Project Engineer or Project Manager role at WMG (subject to vacancy availability and your performance on the programme)
- Further study – e.g. Master's or PhD/EngD
- A career in industry - e.g. in commercial research or in project management
If you would like to discuss the scheme in more detail or have any questions, please contact Louise Oddy. Louise heads up the Graduate programme and all of our Early Careers programmes and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.