Senior Teaching Fellow
I am a Senior Teaching Fellow (with tenure) in the Department of Economics at the University of Warwick. I joined at the Warwick University in January 2019. Before joining here I was an Associate Lecturer in the Economics Department of University of York (May 2017 to December 2018) and a Lecturer at the faculty of Economics at New College of the Humanities, London (September 2016 to April 2017). I completed my PhD in Economics from University of Manchester in July 2016.
- Applied Microeconometrics
- Development Economics
- Political Economy
- Social Protection and Social Policy
- Impact Evaluation
- PhD In Economics (University of Manchester)
- MA in Development Studies (ISS, The Hague under Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- MSc in Economics (University of Calcutta)
Development Economics(UG); Microeconomics(UG);Applied Economics(UG); Microeconometrics (PG)
- Dey, Subhasish and Kunal Sen (2016): Do Gram Panchayat leaders favour their own constituencies in MNREGA fund allocation? Ideas for India19th December 2016.
- Dey, Subhasish (2014): Can MNREGA improve credit worthiness of participating households? Ideas for India, The Economics and Policy Portal of International Growth Centre, India (Central).
- Dey, Subhasish, Arjun Bedi (2010): The National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in Birbhum, Economic and Political Weekly October 9, 2010, Vol. XLV No. 41
- Dey, Subhasish, Katsushi Imai (2017): Workfare as “Collateral”: The case of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, India, Economics Discussion Paper 1412, University of Manchester (R&R World Development)
- Dey, Subhasish, Arjun Bedi (2018): Falling Clientelism or Regime-Change Effect? Benefit Incidence of India’s Employment Guarantee Programme: A Panel Data Analysis. (Submitted)
- Krishnan, Gautam, Subhasish Dey (2018): Does Pace of Natural Resource Extraction Affect GDP Growth? Resource Rich Cross Country Evidence. (Submitted).
- Ghosh, Saikat and Subhasis Dey (2018): Red-shirting or Green-shirting? Does entry age of pre-school matter in later educational and social development of children? (Submitted)
- Bandyopadhyay, Anwesha; Subhasish Dey; Pushkar Maitra (2018): Affirmative Action and Quality of Governance: Evidence from Utilization of Funds in Village Councils of India. (First draft ready)
- Chatterjee, Poulami and Subhasish Dey (2018): Does routine immunization affect cognitive achievements? Panel Data evidence from India. (First draft ready)
- Huang, Jinying and Subhasish Dey (2018): Impact of Chinese ‘New Rural Social Pension (NRSP)’ on intergenerational transfer and overall welfare. (First draft ready)