Charity Bike Auction - Wed 22 November
Location: Main Gatehouse (Security)
Time: 9:00 - 16:00
Do you need a new set of wheels? Finding the bus hard to bear? Why not take the opportunity to get yourself a second-hand bike at a bargain price?
Every year the Security team collects the bikes that have been abandoned on campus and auctions them, on behalf of the Chaplaincy, in support of a charitable cause.
How does it work?
- Go along to the Gatehouse between 9:00 and 16:00
- Find a bike (or bikes) that you like
- Three sealed bids are allowed per person - but only one bid per bike (UPDATED)
- Wait to find out if you are successful
- Pay the money to the Chaplaincy if you win the auction
What is a sealed bid auction?
An auction in which bidders simultaneously submit bids to the auctioneer (the Chaplaincy) without knowledge of the amount bid by other participants. The highest bidder is declared the winner. The winner pays the amount they bid.
The Chaplaincy will be collecting all the money from the winning bidders and will allocate it to good causes.
For more information contact Security on ext. 22803