Warwick Entrepreneurs will be hosting a week of events on campus from 16 - 21 November as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2009.
Warwick Entrepreneurs is a student society at the University of Warwick which supports and develops entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial ability.
Global Entrepreneurship Week 09 involves countries across 6 continents and aims to connect young people everywhere through local, national and global activities, encouraging them to explore their potential and inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Last year Global Entrepreneurship Week involved 24,966 events and activities run in 77 countries, attended by more than 3.06 million people. Enterprise Week has been running in the UK since 2004, and due to its success, Make Your Mark and the Kauffman Foundation founded the first Global Entrepreneurship Week in 2008.
At Warwick, Global Entrepreneurship Week events will:
- Inspire through talks from successful entrepreneurs such as Sean Phelan (Founder of MultiMap), Alastair Mitchell (Co-founder of Huddle) and more
- Develop entrepreneurial skills through interactive workshops
- Challenge students to be entrepreneurial through competitions
These will be run across five themed days:
- Entrepreneurship Day will see the launch of GEW globally and at Warwick
- International Enterprise Day will highlight the importance of collaboration between communities and connecting people across the world to celebrate entrepreneurship
- Women’s Enterprise Day will celebrate women in business and encouraging many more to turn their passions into profit
- Social Enterprise Day will encourage people to use enterprising ideas for social and environmental change
- Internet Enterprise Day will inspire and challenge people to be entrepreneurial and innovative in developing the next big web businesses
To view a full list of events, visit www.warwickentrepreneurs.com
About Warwick Entrepreneurs
Warwick Entrepreneurs is a student society at the University of Warwick which aims to provide a platform to inspire and develop the future generation of entrepreneurs at Warwick. The society is sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Accenture while also supported by the Warwick Students Union, Warwick Business School Enterprise Hub and the National Consortium of University Entrepreneurs (NACUE). In November 2008, the society ran its Be Your Own Boss competition which featured in The Independent and was won by three students who set-up e-resistible.co.uk.