Thank you to all our PGRs who responded to PRES in 2021
Thank you PGRs!
- Warwick was one of 94 HE institutions who responded
- The sector-wide response rate was 36%
- BUT Warwick's response rate was 47% (+12% since 2019) - well done!
- Highest departmental response rate: Institute for Employment Reserch (82%)
- Most improved since 2019: History (+60%)
- We also raised £557.50 for the University's Covid-19 appeal to support students on low incomes
An overview of how Warwick performed in the core themes which PRES looks at:
- research culture
- progression and assessment
- research skills
- professional development
More detailed results for the PRES core themes and examples of how Warwick is acting on these findings.
What is PRES?
The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey is a national survey of postgraduate research students inviting them to comment on their experience. PRES is for any PGR student researching at the University of Warwick, including part time and distance learning students.
The survey lets us know what is working well and what's not, helping us make things better. Responses from you help us improve both our current and future support, enabling us to do better for all of our Postgraduate Researchers.
What happens to the results?
The results are used both departmentally and institutionally, to identify areas for celebration and where more work needs to be done to improve the student experience. They allow us to benchmark ourselves against the Sector and other Russell Group Universities to see how we compare for student experience. This survey is not associated with Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and does not feed into league tables.
Contact: If you have any queries about anything to do with PRES 2021 please contact the Doctoral College at PRES@warwick.ac.uk
Click here to return to our Quality Assurance page.