The Doctoral College's Networking Fund (maximum £300) is available to bring people together (both online and in person); to educate, stimulate or support (even to meet to have a laugh or do something creative together); to challenge. Whatever it is that you need to bring people together and let other people know that you are doing it.
Did you know we can help with room bookings, refreshments and promotion? Get in contact with us!
- Industry Careers in Life Sciences - Industry Careers In Life Sciences is a network for postgraduates to explore career possibilities in Life Sciences outside of academia.
- Language Learning Psychology - Community is a multidisciplinary, international group for anyone conducting a PhD or postdoc in this field. We host a range of online and in-person events throughout the year, providing both academic and moral support.
- The Global South Initiative - a call for solidarity, collaboration, empathy, and above all resistance. Resistance to the divide of the West and the rest, and all the discrimination that comes with it.
- The Parent Juggle - are you a Parent? A PG Researcher? Juggling the two? And want to meet up with other parents? A group for parents run by parents.
- Warwick Postgraduate Teaching Community - a network for PGRs who teach, run by PGRs: a buddy scheme, teaching resources, information about teacher training, and the Journal of PGR Pedagogic Practice.
Find more networks
- Borders, Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Network - promotes interdisciplinary dialogue across the intersecting themes of migration, ‘race’/ethnic relations and bordering practices, broadly defined.
- British Academy Early Career Network - an inclusive, researcher-led membership body accessible to all UK-based early career researchers (ECRs) working in the humanities and social sciences – regardless of their funding source or background.
- Early Career Club - a series of seminars directed mainly at doctoral students, research fellows and teaching fellows and it addresses issues related to practical aspects of academic life (such as publishing, presenting at conferences, and applying for jobs).
- Faculty of Arts Early Career Writers - Struggling with finishing the edits for a journal article? Stuck on a book chapter? Not sure when you are going to get that research bid finished? The Faculty of Arts Writers Group is here to help!
- Latin America at Warwick - Creating a forum for discussion at an event held once per term, where staff, Early Career Fellows and doctoral students can benefit from and enjoy the advice and expertise of their colleagues.
- Migration, Identity, and Translation Network (MITN) - an interdisciplinary hub connecting Students, Early Career Researchers, Senior Academics and relevant Non-Academic Stakeholders via the Monash-Warwick Alliance.
- Network for Ethnic Minority Postgraduates (NEMP) - a community of postgraduates from minority ethnic backgrounds at Warwick, where we can share our experiences and support each other. The network is organised by a diverse group of PGRs from various ethnic and academic backgrounds.
PG Tips, Tuesdays 15.00 PG Hub. Take a break from your studies with a tea or coffee, to meet other postgrads, and to share tips on postgrad life
Research Refresh, Thursdays 10.30 Wolfson. Take a break from your work, chat with other researchers, and enjoy some coffee, cakes, snacks and card games.
- Warwick Performance and Politics Network (WPPN) - an interdisciplinary network comprising of members from across the disciplinary spectrum. We are interested in exploring the intersections between politics and performance. The network seeks to create research cultures that are interdisciplinary, innovative and rigorous, and bringing together different approaches on performance and politics.
Do you run a PGR Network?
Tell us about your group/network using the Content Form and we'll help you spread the word.
Find Out More!We recently ran an online showcase of several of our networks! You can check out the recording here:
Return to the PhD Life root page.