- To access Warwick Library e-resources follow the links from the Library website, Library Search or the Library catalogue
- These links will usually take you straight to the Warwick Web Sign-on or the Library Login screens where you will need to enter your Warwick username and password
- You should then be taken straight to the e-resource you selected with access to Warwick subscribed content
- Access will usually be the same whether you are on or off-campus
If you have accessed a subscribed e-resource without using the Library links you can often still log in. Many e-resources have an educational login option. However, you might need to look carefully for these as they are often not the most prominent login on the site. There are two kinds of educational login that can be used:
- Shibboleth login: This normally requires you to identify yourself by selecting your country and then your institution from lists. Once you have selected Warwick you will be taken to the Warwick Web Sign-on and then (once you log in) back to the e-resource as a Warwick customer if we subscribe. If you have already logged in during that session you won’t see the Web Sign-on screen
Note: Shibboleth is called different things by different suppliers. Other names you might see for it are Institutional login, Login via your home institution / organisation / UK Federation, Academic sign-in
- Athens login: You can set up your computer to always direct you to the Warwick Athens login when you are using the Athens login option:
Click "Athens setup" above and when prompted, click Go to the University of Warwick login page (ensure box saying "Remember this organisation" is ticked). You should get a message to say that your account has been set up successfully
Note: Many e-resources offer Shibboleth and / or Athens access. However, Warwick does not subscribe to all of them or we may not have access via both Shibboleth and Athens. If you are unable to log in using these options please check Library Search or the Library catalogue to see whether it is an e-resource we have access to. If it is a journal please check what years we subscribe to.
One other way you can access e-resources is by using the Library proxy server. Many of our links to e-resources will take you via this route without you needing to do anything. However, you can also reload an e-resource web page via the proxy server if you haven’t followed our links. See Try Warwick Library Proxy for information about how to do this.