The information below is for all registered Library customers, providing a quick practical quide to using the Library. (Links to further information on various practical topics is also given).
Access our collections Access our collections
My Library Account
This is your main, personal, online portal to the Library. Renew loans, pay fines, check the status of holds, view reading history and more. Also accessible from Library Search and Classic Catalogue when you are logged in. More information.
Resources are organised according to subjects:
- Floor 1: Short Loan, current newspapers and journals (periodicals
- Floor 2: Teaching Grid
- Floor 2 Extension: Sciences
- Floor 3: Arts
- Floor 3 Extension: Arts and Wolfson Research Exchange
- Floor 4: Education, Law, Government Publications and Statistics
- Floor 5: Social Sciences
If you are unable to locate a book, journal or other shelved materials on the Library shelves please complete a missing resources form.
Classmarks and locations
The table below shows a quick view of Library Search search showing the classmark and location of a book.
See also: classmarks and locations.
Learn about how to borrow, returns and borrowing entitlements.
Request a hold
A hold is a request to keep a book aside when it becomes available. If all copies of a title are on loan, you can place a hold request and the next returned copy will be held for you. More information.
To provide fair access to resources we may ask you to bring your books back before the due date if somebody else wants them (known as recalls). Fines for the late return of a recalled book are charged at £1 per day. More information.
If an item is not returned by the due date, it is considered to be overdue and is subject to overdue fines. Email notices will be sent to your Warwick email account.
Please note: it is the borrower's responsibility to return items on time and to return all items before overseas trips. The Library will not accept non-receipt of overdue notices as a reason for waiving fines. See also: fines.
If you think you have lost a book please complete a lost book form. If you think you have returned a book to the Library but it is still showing on your Library Account, please complete a claim returned form.
Short Loan Collection
Situated on Floor 1 of the Library and contains core high demand books, and a DVD collection to support specific courses. More information.
Other services Other services
Discover how you can access our e-resources.
If you cannot get to the Library you may want to take advantage of our postal loans service. You can request Standard Loan books as long as they have no hold requests on them. (Please note: there is a charge for this service).
You may want to take advantage of our Library Stores, where we house materials which are in less demand but still of value.
Photocopy, print and scan
Find out where and how you can print, copy and scan.
- For general IT support such as how to print from your laptop in the Library please visit IT services. print, copy and scan
- IT Services provide an AV equipment borrowing service from the IT Services helpdesk on floor 1 of the Library by the Returns machine. Please visit IT Services for more information
- If the IT Services helpdesk is closed, you can find a large number of useful leaflets located by the printers on floor 1 or online
You may wish to make a donation.
Rules and safety
Bookable Library spaces
Book a space in the Library in one of our study spaces.
- Research Exchange - for Warwick researchers
- PGHub - for postgraduates
- Learning Grid University House - for undergraduates and taught postgraduates
- Learning Grid Rootes - for undergraduates and taught postgraduates
- Learning Grid Leamington - for undergraduates and taught postgraduates
- Accessible study rooms - for students registered with Disability Services
Please note: unfortunately we are unable to provide any other bookable spaces such as those suitable for conducting Skype or phone interviews.