Get it For Me is a free service that is offered to all current staff and students. We will try our upmost to deliver all the resources you will need.
The service works in two ways:
- It enables you to access all our print collections even if you are unable to come to the library. This could be a book or a chapter/article. We can send books to you in the post or scan one chapter or article and email it to you
- No library can possibly hold everything, so how can we help if the material you require is not held in stock. We have built partnerships with thousands of other universities from all over the world and are able to borrow items or request a copy of a chapter or article on your behalf. Alternatively, if you will like the library to consider purchasing a book for library stock you will need to complete a Book Suggestion
How you can help us obtain the correct item and as quickly as possible:
- Supply us with as much accurate information as you can
- Complete the relevant online request form
- Please be aware Copyright law only allows us to request one chapter/article. If you need more, you must request the whole book
The scans that are supplied will not be fully accessible copies that can be used with assistive software or screen readers. If you require a fully accessible copy please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Students with a print disability are also able to access RNIB Bookshare, an online catalogue of educational texts in accessible formats. Eligibility includes visual impairment, autism, AD(H)D, dyslexia, dyspraxia or a physical disability which affects the use of print material.
Services to other libraries
How to request material
Requests for borrowing or copying of material held by the University of Warwick Library can be initiated via email or OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing. Please include your contact phone number, email address and request number.
Our contact details
University of Warwick Library
Gibbet Hill Road
Email: dsmail at warwick dot ac dot uk
Telephone: 024 7652 4134
WorldCat Resource Sharing: U3W
British Library Account Number: 87-7142
British Library Code: CV/U-1
- Our charges to UK and Republic of Ireland libraries are in line with current British Library prices
- We accept IFLA vouchers as payment for international loans/copies
Warwick stock: we can only send standard loans. We are unable to send reference, 3 day loans, short loan items, DVDs or books that are required by other borrowers. If the library holds the title requested as an e-book, we are unable to send the hard copy in the post, unless the e-book does not meet your accessibility needs.
Books borrowed from other institutions: We are unable to send books that we have borrowed from other libraries. However, if you are unable to come to the library you would be able to use proxy borrowing.
Get it For Me is available to all current Warwick staff and students but does not cover Alumni or external members of the library.
No, there is no charge for our services. You just complete the online form as fully as possible, and we will try our upmost to obtain the material you have requested.
This is a bit trickier to answer! It will depend on several factors but in general 1-4 days for an article and 7-10 days for a book.
UK copyright law only allows us to supply one chapter or article from a book or journal. If you need more than this, you should request the whole item. However, please be aware there are very few institutions that will lend whole journal issues.
- Loans from other libraries
- You will receive an email asking you to collect your item for loan from the Library helpdesk
- Items will be issued to you by a member of staff
- It is not possible to self-issue inter-library loan books
- The slip accompanying the book will include the date it needs to be returned
- Items borrowed from other libraries are subject to recall at any time by the lender. You will be notified of recalls via a courtesy email but you are ultimately responsible for keeping track of the due dates and statuses of their books
- Additionally, items not returned by their due dates may also be billed for replacement by the lender and the full cost passed onto you. If you require the item for longer, it may be possible to obtain a renewal (lenders discretion) by emailing dsmail at warwick dot ac dot uk or by telephone : 02476 524134
- Electronic copies
- A link to your article will be sent to your Warwick email address
- If an original copy is supplied, you will have to consult it in the Library
- Library use only
- On a few occasions it may only be possible to borrow material for use in the library only. If the material, you request is only available as a reference item we will contact you first to see if this is acceptable
- Returning books, we have borrowed from other libraries
- These should only be returned to the Help Desk in the Library and not via the Returns Machine
Over 500,000 UK doctoral theses are available for immediate download via a service delivered by the British Library called EThOS. If the thesis is not available, you can order it and you will be notified when it is available. Theses can only be supplied from participating institutions. If you are unable to obtain the thesis via EThOS, you will need to complete the online request and we will try and borrow the item for you.
If you have a question that is not answered above or require any further information, please call or email us.