What do I need to do?
Get started now: 'Getting Started' moodle course
Please note that this course must be completed in full by Sunday 8th January 2018 if you would like to complete the award during academic year 2017/18. Completion of this course after that date will not enrol you onto the WSPA. Enrolment for the WSPA will re-open in October 2018.
The WSPA will give you the opportunity to:
- Assess your strengths and development needs
- Decide which skills you would most like to develop
- Identify activities to help you improve those skills
- Set yourself action points and put these into practice
- Reflect on your learning and progress
- Think about how you can improve further
- Learn how to talk confidently about the skills you have developed
On completion of the award you will gain a University of Warwick certificate to recognise your achievement.
How to achieve the award:
The award is achieved by participating in three eligible activities, setting yourself action points related to these, and producing a series of written, reflective entries. At the start of the award you will be allocated a coach, who will comment on your written entries and provide you with on-going support and feedback.
You should aim to complete the WSPA in the academic year in which you start working towards the award. Most people find they can comfortably achieve this, provided they plan which activities they will take part in and when. You will be able to select your preferred deadline (end of May or end of September) when you completed the ‘Getting Started’ Moodle course.