The Disability team offers advice, support and guidance to students with mental health disabilities to help manage the impact on their studies. The support offered includes:
- reasonable adjustments to study such as alternative exam arrangements(please note that supporting evidence is required)
- advice and support applying for the Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs) when eligible
- accessing specialist mental health mentoring, usually funded through the DSAs
- accessing specialist study skills support, usually funded through the DSAs
- in the academic year 2021/22, transcription support in the form of human editing of any available automated transcripts that are problematic in terms of accuracy, requests are considered on an individual disability need basis
- liaising with academic and other departments for support purposes
- signposting to other support services internally and externally.
If you don't already have supporting evidence you can ask a medical professional to complete this medical evidence form that you can then submit to the Disability team.
Togertheall is an online resource that students can also use to both access support resources but also express feelings and support each other.