Please read our student and staff community guidance on COVID-19
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) and financial support

What are Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)?

DSAs are grants to help pay for the extra costs associated with studying that are incurred as a direct result of a disability or specific learning difficulty. The allowances can help to pay for a non-medical one to one support, specialist equipment and software, travel and other course-related costs. The allowances are neither means-tested nor repayable.

The University can provide DSA funded students with specialist academic, mental health and study skill mentoring. It is the student's choice whether to engage with the mentoring services.

How to Apply for DSA

Further information regarding Disabled Students' Allowances

£200 Equipment contribution
Non-medical helper Rates
Study Needs Assessment
DSA via Research Council
DSA changes

Other Financial Support

In addition to DSA, students may be able to access funding or grants from the University, charities and trusts. There are specific University funds for contributions towards the payment of computer equipment, ensuite accommodation and psychological assessments. Full details may be found on our financial support page.