Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Counselling and psychotherapy organisations

Counselling via the NHS

Counselling is available through the NHS via your doctor/GP (General Practitioner). You can find out more on the NHS website:

Counselling and CBT are also available through the NHS via IAPT (Improving access to psychological therapies) for people with mild, moderate and moderate to severe symptoms of anxiety or depression living in Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire. You can contact the service directly yourself or you may be referred by your GP 

Charities which offer counselling (often alongside other kinds of support) can be found on the page entitled: 'In the local community'

Private counselling

The following professional counselling organisations' websites can be used to find counsellors & therapists working privately in the locality:

British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP):

United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP): 

British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP):

British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC):

British Psychological Society (BPS):

College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT):

Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapists (ACAT):