Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Student Data Privacy Notice

As part of the survey process we collect data about yourself. However, the responses you provide are confidential within the survey team and are completely anonymised when sharing outside the team and with departments. The survey asks any comments you make to not be identifying, either for yourself or others. Anything potentially identifying within the comments will be redacted before sharing with departments. Please see below for how the University stores and processes your data in relation to PTES.

The University of Warwick will process your personal data provided on this survey form for the purpose of the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey.

The legal basis for processing this personal data is consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting

Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the UK, will be kept securely by the University of Warwick and will be retained for a period of two years. Your data will be shared with Advance HE and JISC (including sub-processors) for the purposes of administering the survey.

You may exercise rights in respect of your personal data. These are the right of access to it, to rectify inaccurate information, to restrict processing or erase personal data, to object to our processing of it and to transfer it to another controller. If you wish to exercise a right please contact

If you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal data please let us know and we will investigate those concerns. You may also contact our Data Protection Officer at

If, after we have investigated, you are still concerned you may contact the data protection regulator. They can be contacted via

The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. If you wish to submit a data subjects rights request, make a complaint or report a suspected personal data breach, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer by email at”