To ensure that yours is a trip to remember for all the right reasons, please take time to read our top tips for safe travel:
- Always travel with a copy of your passport and immigration permission – if your hotel has a safe, store the original documents there and carry duplicates when out and about
- If your visa is a separate BRP card remember that you will need both this and your passport to re-enter the UK when travelling overseas
- Be mindful of your surroundings, never leave bags open or unattended and avoid carrying on your person high-cost items like digital cameras or tablets
- If travelling overseas, take out comprehensive travel insurance which will cover both your personal belongings and health care
- Refer online for full instructions of what to do should you should you lose your documents, or have them stolen: warwick.ac.uk/immigration/lostpassportandvisas.