Chevening Scholarships are the UK Government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and partner organisations, such as the University of Warwick. The scholarships support individuals with demonstrable potential to become future leaders, decision makers and opinion formers to study eligible one year taught master's degrees at UK institutions.
Chevening and the University of Warwick have a long history of collaboration.
'By partnering with Chevening, the University of Warwick is able to attract outstanding students who might not otherwise be able to come to the university, contributing to capacity-building and the education of future leaders in the countries we have committed to work with!' - Professor Chris Ennew OBE, Provost
In 2021/22 we welcomed 42 Chevening scholars to Warwick. In 2020/21 Warwick welcomed 34 Chevening scholars and in 2019/20 we welcomed 49 scholars.
To be eligible for a Chevening scholarship applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after the award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time they submit their application.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply for three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14th July 2022
The University of Warwick welcomes applications from candidates from all Chevening-eligible countries in any subject.
You can find out more information on the application timeline here.
For the 2022/23 academic year, Warwick is generously co-funding 17 Chevening Partner Awards. These Chevening Awards are available for all eligible candidates in any subject area and two of these awards are specifically available to students applying for any of the following master’s programmes taught in the University of Warwick’s WMG department (Warwick Manufacturing Group):
- MSc Cyber Security Engineering
- MSc Cyber Security Management
- MSc e-Business Management
- MSc Engineering Business Management
- MSc Healthcare Operational Management
- MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
- MSc International Trade, Strategy and Operations
- MSc Management for Business Excellence
- MSc Programme and Project Management
- MSc Service Management and Design
- MSc Smart, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- MSc Sustainable Automotive Engineering
- MSc Supply Chain and Logistics Management
All applicants who wish to be considered for a partner award at Warwick are encouraged to select Warwick as their first preference in their Chevening application. Applications are open until 2nd November 2021.
For more information about Chevening Scholarships and how to apply, please visit www.chevening.org