About the programme
Warwick Scholars Undergraduates provides you with access to bespoke activities alongside academic, personal and professional development opportunities (including internships, mentoring and cultural experiences) throughout your time here at Warwick.
By joining Warwick Scholars Undergraduates, you’ll be welcomed into a community of over 300 Warwick Scholars past and present, from first years to finalists, postgraduates and Alumni.
You’ll have priority access to a range of university-wide activities, exclusive experiences and opportunities throughout your undergraduate studies, as well as access to support and guidance from your fellow students and the Warwick Scholars team.
By engaging in these opportunities you’ll be empowered to develop your own portfolio of skills and experiences and enabled to achieve your personal and professional goals whilst here at Warwick and beyond.
If you have any questions or queries about any of the information on this webpage please email us at: WarwickScholars at warwick dot ac dot uk.
To here more about this programme from one of our current
undergraduate Warwick Scholars, please read his blog here!
Places are also offered to Care Leavers, Sanctuary Scholars or Estranged Students starting undergraduate studies at Warwick.
Our post-16 programmes include:
- Warwick Scholars (Post-16 access programme)
- Pathways to Banking and Finance (with Warwick or any other Pathways to Banking and Finance partner)
- Pathways to Engineering (with Warwick or any other Pathways to Engineering partner)
- Pathways to Law (with Warwick or any other Pathways to Law partner)
- Realising Opportunities (with Warwick or any other Realising Opportunities partner)
You also need to meet the following criteria:
- Have not previously studied for a first degree
- Be resident in the UK and eligible to pay fees at the home rate (unless you are a Sanctuary Scholar)
- Have successfully secured your undergraduate study place here at Warwick by September of the year that your studies commence
- Academic support and study skills
- Internships, placements and study abroad opportunities
- Exclusive social activities, trips and events
- Information, advice and guidance on health and wellbeing
- Careers development and networking
- Community engagement and giving back
- Paid work opportunities
The 'Wheel of Opportunity' has been developed to reflect these key aspects and, through ongoing consultation with our current Warwick Scholar undergraduates, opportunities and activities are identified and targeted in these areas to enrich your student experience alongside your studies.
The Wheel of Opportunity
The benefits of being a Warwick Scholar include:
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
You’ll have priority access and consideration for projects, events, bursaries and activities to enhance your time at Warwick.
- Priority consideration for places on our upReach Programme.
Through our ongoing partnership with upReach, if you apply for the upReach Associate Programme, you’ll be given priority consideration for a place on this programme. upReach offer a comprehensive range of career and employability support to broaden horizons, understand career pathways and develop the skills, networks and experiences needed for career success.
- Exclusive access to Warwick Scholars opportunities.
In the past, these have included:
— The Global Student Experience
A 10-day, fully funded trip to Malaysia to enhance global leadership skills and networking across borders.
Hear from one of our student's who took part in this trip in 2019 hereLink opens in a new window!
— Priority consideration for the Short Term Mobility Bursary
As a Warwick Scholar, you will be given priority consideration for the University's Short Term Mobility Bursary. This bursary provides an opportunity for students to apply for up to £500 towards the cost of undertaking a short international study, volunteering, unpaid work or research opportunity. You can find out more about this fund hereLink opens in a new window.
- Extra support and advice.
From enhanced access to Warwick Alumni, employers and even fellow scholars, every Warwick Scholar will have unique opportunities for support and guidance at Warwick from the dedicated Warwick Scholars team.
- Becoming part of a growing programme community
You’ll be welcomed into a community of over 300 Warwick Scholars past and present, from first years to finalists, postgraduates and Alumni.
The table below shows the bursary amount you will be entitled to based on your 'residual household income' as calculated annually by Student Finance England. Amounts shown in the table below refer to students joining Warwick from 2022* onwards.
|Warwick Scholars Bursary
|£45,001 - £65,000
|Household income unknown**
** Your household income may be unknown if you have not completed a household income assessment with Student Finance England. If you have chosen not to complete an assessment, the maximum bursary you will be entitled to is £500 per year.
Once your results have been confirmed and you've accepted your place to study with us here at Warwick, you will be sent an invitation to join the Warwick Scholars undergraduate programme by the programme lead. To accept your place, you'll be asked to read through and sign our Warwick Scholars Student Agreement, which you'll receive along with your invitation.
Widening Participation Lifecycle Officer
WarwickScholars at warwick dot ac dot uk