We’ll help you fulfil your ambitions by giving you the skills and knowledge to propel your career further.
Our graduates are some of the most sought-after by leading employers. We are in the top 60 in the world for our reputation with employers (QS World University Rankings 2023), and we were marked out as the 5th most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2023, High Fliers Research Ltd).
The value of a Warwick education is reflected in the high quality of job roles that our postgraduates take up after they leave Warwick. The median salary for all Warwick postgraduates whose main employment was full-time work in the UK was £32,000 (Graduate Outcomes survey of 2019/20 graduates, carried out approximately 15 months after completion).
Connect with top employers
We work proactively with a wide range of employers, from start-up organisations to multinationals across all job sectors, meaning you can build connections that help you get ahead:
- Over 7,000 vacancies advertised from employers looking to connect with our students
- Careers Fairs, which may be hosted virtually while social distancing is in place. These will enable you to talk to graduate employers. You can also find information on topics including CVs and Applications, Interviews, LinkedIn Profiles and Assessment Centres.
Your career path is unique to you, so our Student Opportunity: Careers team offer personalised support to help you develop your skills, plan or develop your career path and get experience. You can access a variety of support services from Student Opportunity at any point during your time at Warwick and after graduation.
- Real-time and recorded webinars and virtual workshops, including contributions from graduate recruiters
- Help with job applications and interviews
- Face-to-face and online courses to help develop your skills, including leadership, enterprise and communication
- Access to 1,000s of employer vacancies targeted at Warwick students and graduates
- Careers Fairs, which may be hosted virtually. These will help provide information on topics including CVs and Applications, Interviews, LinkedIn Profiles and Assessment Centres
- Bespoke support from Senior Careers Consultants linked to specific academic departments
If you’re looking to pursue a career in academia or just to hone your research skills, we can support you to develop your academic practice through our extensive range of workshops, events and one-to-one support. Our Masters Skills Programme (MSP) and Research Student Skills Programme (RSSP) and Transferable skills programme allow you to learn at your own pace and choose the options that suit you best.
There are many flexible employment opportunities on campus and with local employers, which can provide extra income as well as useful experience and skills development.
Our temping agency Unitemps offers you the flexibility to apply for single shifts, particular days of the week, or even full-time over several months.
As a research student, you may be able to access teaching opportunities through your academic department. Responsibilities vary, but could include seminar teaching, laboratory demonstrations, or exam and essay marking.
We recommend that you check with your department before starting any part-time work to ensure it doesn’t impact on your academic work. If you’re an international student, you’ll also need to check your visa provisions and restrictions. You can find more advice about visas at www.warwick.ac.uk/immigration
Our many student volunteers help to maintain our strong relationship with the local community. They also contribute to wider humanitarian and environmental causes. If you’re keen to help others, you can access a variety of volunteering and campaigning opportunities through Warwick Volunteers, SU societies and special projects like Warwick in Africa.
£32,000 median salary for all Warwick postgraduates whose main employment was full-time work in the UK (Graduate Outcomes survey 2019/20)
55th globally for Employer Reputation (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2023)
5th most targeted university by the largest numbers of top UK graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2023, High Fliers Research Ltd.)