After you've submitted your application (and paid the assessment fee if required), you will receive a confirmation email. Further information and instructions on how to set up access to your applicant portal will be sent to you in the following 2 working days. You will not be able access the portal until you have activated your ITS account.
How long will it take to process my application?
PG Taught Courses
It will approximately take 4 - 6 weeks to receive a decision on complete applications that include scanned copies of transcripts (final or current) and references.
PG Research Programmes
It will take approximately 6 - 8 weeks to receive a decision on complete applications that include scanned copies of transcripts (final or current), research proposal and references if you have already identified a potential supervisor.
In busy periods, there may be a slight delay in processing applications. It is nothing to worry about. The University considers each application carefully and a decision is made on the information provided in your application so please make sure you include all relevant information. Please be patient whilst waiting to receive your decision.
What happens during the time you assess my postgraduate application?
Your application will be sent to the relevant academic department who make the decision on admission. The academic department considers each application carefully and assesses your application on your final grade (or predicted if you are still completing your degree), your personal statement, and your references but may request additional information or assessments. The Postgraduate Admissions Service will carry out some additional checks and will communicate the official decision to you directly by email and in the applicant portal.
The Decision is usually one of three:
- An unconditional offer, which means you have met all the academic conditions required before entry and we are offering you a place.
- A conditional offer, which means you do not yet meet the academic conditions required before entry, but you are likely to do so.
The conditions will be clearly stated in the formal offer from Postgraduate Admissions. It may include requests such as English language test scores, degree results or satisfactory references.
- We are unable to offer you a place a this time.
What should I do now while I wait for a decision?
Once you’ve applied you will be given access to your own applicant portal. There are a number features in the applicant portal that you might find useful during this time:
- Track the progress of your application
- Get alerts for any pending actions you may be required to take, for instance, upload documents
- See core emails and communications that have been sent to you
- Amend or add details of your agent or nominated contact if required
- Contact the academic department and admissions to ask questions about your application
- View a copy of the application form you submitted
- Withdraw your application (if you'd like to - we sure hope not)
- Respond to your offer if your application is successful
There is so much more you can do on the applicant portal. Once you have access, why not check it out but remember, you won't be able to access your Applicant Portal until you have activated your ITS account which can take up to 48hrs after you receive your application acknowledgment email.
- Student Funding Office
- Student Finance Office
- Warwick Accommodation
- Immigration information
- Student support and welfare
- Fee status and guidance
- Enrolment information. Please note, if you are offered a place on the course, and meet all conditions of your offer, you will be sent an email explaining how and when to enrol. This link is provided for information only.
- Warwick Students' Union