Course: Bsc Management Science 2004-08
City of residence: Beijing
Employer: Heidrick & Struggles
Interests: Texas hold 'em poker, skiing
Contact details: yao dot xue28 at gmail dot com
Where did you live?
Rootes, Cryfield and Westwood.
What are you doing now?
I spent four years at Warwick (Bsc Management Science 2004-08) and started my career as an accounting control analyst at IBM Global Financing (Portsmouth) gaining invaluable experience of internal audit. I then joined Barclays Capital (London) as a credit risk analyst prior to returning to China (Beijing) in 2009. I am currently working for Heidrick & Struggles (global top senior executive search / leadership consulting firm) to help our clients looking for senior executives in China.
What kind of events do you run?
As the key organiser representing Warwick in Beijing, here are the events I have run for the past two years:
- The first UK inter-university Beijing Alumni event (Warwick, Oxbridge, Durham, Kings, LSE) at JW Marriott, Feb 2012, 400+ participants
- Warwick Christmas event, Guyana Embassy in Beijing, Dec 2011, 100+ participants
- Quarterly Warwick happy hour events, Renaissance Capital Hotel, Oct 2011, 80+ participants
- Others events such as Dean of WBS visiting (Oct 2010 ), JCW afternoon tea, Ben Bar happy hour,
- Helping/ advising other city reps in China to organize events, such as Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xi’an and Chengdu.
We are running monthly speaker and social events, as well as events when university officials visit China
Contact Yao if you want to attend or suggest an event in China or want to make contact with the alumni community there.