Warwick’s first Giving Day was a fantastic success, with more than 300 of you raising £246,894 for students and research.
Thank you to everyone who supported our 36-hour online fundraising challenge on 27 and 28 May.
Here are some of the highlights of the day:
- You enjoyed reminiscing about halls and things got competitive with our leader board showing alumni and friends from Rootes made the most donations. 69 in total.
- John and Jackie Rothenberg’s story inspired many of you to share memories of meeting your partner on campus and the Rothenbergs generously match funded all gifts from Warwick couples.
- US alumnus David Stirling (PhD Biological Sciences, 1974-78) made an incredible $250,000 gift to support antimicrobial resistance research
- WBS alumni and friends made the most donations on the day. 53 in total – thank you, everyone
- It was our student hardship fund that attracted the greatest number of donations. 89 in total. These funds will go directly to help students in challenging circumstances
Thank you once again to everyone who donated and we look forward to keeping you updated on the impact of your generosity. You can watch the livestream content showed on the day again below.