Please note you can only use the form at the bottom of this page to request the reimbursement of costs associated with managed quarantine hotel accommodation if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
You are a new or continuing student either starting or continuing your studies at Warwick from September 2021^, are an overseas fees payer and:
On the date of entry to the UK:
- Your date of arrival falls within the relevant period for which support is being provided (09.07.2021 – 10.01.2022 inclusive).
- You are domiciled in (and not visiting or transiting), a country that was on the UK’s ‘Red List’ on that date.
- You were required to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel.
- You paid for the managed quarantine hotel and can provide a receipt for this. Please find an example of the CTM invoice/receipt here.
On the date of application for the reimbursement:
- You have completed the 10-day quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel.
- You are fully enrolled on a course of study in the 2021/22 academic year, with no visa checks outstanding, and are not permanently or temporarily withdrawn.
^1-year Postgraduate Master's students who started their course in the autumn of 2020, have completed all the taught element of the course, and will be returning to the UK in the autumn of 2021 for the purpose of applying for the Graduate Route visa would not be eligible. Additionally, students with the purpose of coming to Warwick for an overseas exchange programme, are an exchange or visiting student (all study levels) or are conducting an inbound Placement Year are also not eligible for the hotel reimbursement.
- If you are coming to the UK from a country that is on the UK government’s red list, it is mandatory for you to book into the official managed quarantine before travelling to the UK and to complete your period of quarantine there.
- You will be required to pay your managed hotel quarantine fee upfront and then if you are eligible for reimbursement, it will be credited to you by the University towards the end of the year. The University is not permitted to pay funds to a third party organising the managed hotel quarantine.
- There are some exemptions from managed quarantine for medical or compassionate reasons and other exemptions to the hotel quarantine requirement
- If you travel with your parents or other students (non-Warwick) and share a room, provided you meet the other eligibility criteria, you will qualify for reimbursement of the full cost for one adult only. If you share a room with another Warwick student and they also meet the eligibility criteria, you can upload the same CTM invoice/receipt. Providing that both of your names are on the document, the total sum will be split evenly between you and the other Warwick student you shared your room with.
- In the event that you withdraw from your studies within 14 days of starting your course, you understand that the University will not cover the costs of quarantine accommodation and you may be required to repay these if they have already been credited to your account.
If you are facing financial hardship and are unable to pay for your managed quarantine accommodation, and if you are a UK resident or a student with a visa to study in the UK, there may be payment options available to you. Visit the CTM portal and scroll down to the "financial hardship" paragraph.