This video is portrayal of the life of students at Warwick University in 1970. The film was directed for the Film Producers' Guild by Stefan Sargent. It is taken from the University of Warwick Archive.
Watch the first 5 minutes of the video and answer the questions below.
- What does the quote that appears at the beginning of the video tell us about what we should expect from the film?
- Songs from The Beatles are played throughout the video. How does this change the tone of the video?
- What percentage of university undergraduates live in on-campus accommodation?
- What impression do the voices of students give you about university in 1970?
- Do you think that this video is reliable in showing what life was like for students in 1970? Why?
To help you think about these sources in a historical way, use the list of questions to guide your thinking.