Join our dynamic and dedicated postgraduate community
Deepen your passion for History at one of the UK’s Top 10 History departments (The Times Good University Guide 2021 and QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021), offering a combination of fantastic teaching, world-leading research and a lively and diverse community of postgraduate Historians.
- We’re home to over 40 academics with unrivalled expertise in historical topics spanning the globe, and we're working with around 70 PhD researchers and about 35 History MA students.
- Rated 1st in the UK for world-leading research in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF2014).
- Excellent historical resources, including our very own Modern Records Centre, which houses one of the biggest archives of primary sources outside of London.
- Four field-leading Research Centres offering opportunities for networking and sharing research, as well as leading our four History Masters courses.
- Ours is one of the most diverse communities of history postgraduates in the UK, with around a third of non-white students, and numbers of male and female students are roughly equal.
We are delighted to support our students in seeking funding. Find out more about the different bursaries and scholarships that may be available to you, and a range of other resources.