The assessment for this second-year 15 CATS option module is as follows:
- (assessed 30%) A 1,500-word essay on ‘one crop or animal or illness transmitted in the Columbian exchange’ to be submitted by Wednesday Week 6 (13 February 2019). The essay could address a question like: 'Does [the crop/illness/animal of your choice] have a global impact? If so, where, when, how and on whom?' or 'How does the meaning of [the crop/illness/animal of your choice] change in the context of the Columbian Exchange?' Please engage with a primary source of your choice.
- (formative) Group work: working in pairs or group of three develop the analysis of an artefact from the Ashmolean Museum's visit in Week 7.
- (assessed 70%) A 3,000-word essay on a topic of student choice relevant to the course, to be submitted by Wednesday Week 10 (13 March 2019). A list of Essay Questions can be found here.
For full details of examination and assessment, please see https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/history/students/assessment/.
Student contact hours for this second-year 15 CATS option module are as follows:
- Module duration: Ten weeks
- Lectures: Nine one-hour lectures
- Seminars: Nine one-hour seminars
- Tutorials: Two hours of feedback and essay preparation
- Total: Twenty hours