- Chambers, David, and Brian Pullan (eds), Venice: A Documentary History 1450-1630 (Oxford, 1992; rept. Toronto, 2001), pp. 133-82.
- Fortini Brown, Patricia, ‘Behind the Walls: The Material Culture of Venetian Elites’, in Venice Reconsidered: The History and Civilization of an Italian City-State, 1297-1797, ed. John Martin and Dennis Romano (Baltimore, 2000), pp. 295-338. NetLibrary
- EITHER Lane, Frederic C., Venice. A Maritime Republic (Baltimore, 1993), chapters 19-24, pp. 275-352.
- OR Pezzolo, Luciano, 'The Venetian Economy', in Eric A. Dursteler, A Companion to Venetian History, 1400-1797 (Leiden, 2013), pp. 255-89.
Sanudo, Marin, Venice, cità excelentissima: selections from the Renaissance diaries of Marin Sanudo, ed. and trans. Patricia H. Labalme and Laura Sanguineti White (Baltimore, 2008), pp. 227-84.
Palladio and the Veneto. Descriptions and images of all Palladio's buildings (with English translations).
- How did the economy of Venice evolve during the Renaissance?
- What was the relationship between economics and politics in Renaissance Venice?
- What role did guilds play in the economy and society of Venice?
- How did attitudes to and/or practices of consumption change in this period?