We provide language learning opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate students, University staff, and members of the public. There are several ways you can learn languages with us. You can take a language as part of your degree, as an extra course of study, through a language proficiency test or by taking a shorter summer course.
If you want to take a language as part of your degree, our academic modules are most suited to your needs. Enrolment for these courses for 2018/19 will take place on the following dates:
· Friday 28 September (Welcome Week) 10am-4pm = Main enrolment (Day 1)
· Tuesday 2 October (week 1) 10am-4pm = Main enrolment (Day 2)
· Wednesday 3 October (week 1) 10am-4pm = Main enrolment (Day 3)
Our academic modules can also be taken independently from degree study; a separate fee is required for this.
Please make sure you check with your department that you can take a module with us as part of your degree. If this is not allowed, you are still more than welcome to take an academic module with us. This is also the case if you are not an undergraduate student (please see the course fees).
If you are looking for something a little more relaxed, our Lifelong Language Learning (LLL) programme may be for you!
Classes are not as intense as academic modules and are taken by students, staff and members of the public.
Enrolment for 2018/19 LLL courses is now closed.
Please note that decisions on which classes will run in 2018/19 will be made on Friday 5th October, and only enrolments for viable classes will be taken past this time
Students will be emailed on Saturday 6th October to confirm whether or not their chosen class will run in 2018-19
Consultation Evenings (drop-in sessions; no appointment necessary):
· Tuesday 18 September 2018 5-7pm – French, German, Italian, Spanish
· Thursday 20 September 2018 5-7pm - French, German, Spanish
- Thursday 4 October 2018 4-7pm - all languages except Greek, Korean and Portuguese; for these languages, please email email@example.com).
Supporting your language learning with us:
Thinking of studying a language?
Watch more videos of our students talking about their experiences and opinions of The Language Centre.