AHRC Research Fellow
Email: a dot brinkman at warwick dot ac dot uk
Humanities Building, University Road, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL
Anna was awarded her PhD from King's College London Department of War Studies in July 2017. Her PhD focused on 18th century Prize Law as an instrument of British foreign policy towards Spain and Holland. Anna has taught several undergraduate courses at King's College London, and also on several Junior Officer Development courses at the Joint Services Command and Staff College.
- Privateering and smuggling in the 18th and 19th Centuries
- Maritime Law
- Spanish and British Imperialism
- Wartime maritime culture in the 18th and 19th Centuries
- Colonial interactions between the Spanish and British empires
Imperial Entanglements: Transoceanic Basque Networks in British and Spanish Colonialism and their Legacy (July 2016- June 2019)
- PhD War Studies (King's College London, 2017) 'The Court of Prize Appeal as an Agent of British Wartime Foreign Policy: The Maintenance of Dutch and Spanish Neutrality During the Seven Years War'
- MA by Research History of Warfare (King's College London, 2011) 'The Court of Mixed Commissions in Havana: A Case Study of Britain's Attempt to Suppress the Spanish Slave Trade 1820-1835'
- BA History (Columbia University, 2010)