|Module Code: FR102|
|Module Name: Modern French Language for Beginners|
|Module Coordinator: Mélanie Jolivet-Bâlon|
|times to be confirmed (five hours a week)|
|Module Credits: 30|
This foundation module in French Language for Beginners allows students to learn the basics of the French language, develop main linguistic (oral, aural, written, spoken) skills, and acquire grammatical awareness & essential communicative competences.
FR102 is a combination of LL262 French Beginners Accelerated (3h) and 2h of French language teaching for SMLC French ab initio students.
In this module, you will work towards A2+/B1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference).
By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- apply a basic knowledge of grammar
- gain insight into everyday life in the francophone countries studied in the module
- apply strategies for understanding gist and short descriptions
- interact about familiar topics and activities
- write simple texts giving background information and relating to areas of immediate need
- develop strategies to communicate information coherently and effectively to a specific audience within an open-ended project
Term 1 - Interim Test (10%)
Term 3 - Oral test (40%) + final reading and writing test (50%)
- Annie Berthet (2012), Alter Ego A1 - Méthode de français, Hachette, ISBN: 9782011558107
Recommended Retail Price: £21.95
- Annie Berthet (2012), Alter Ego A1 - Cahier d'activités, Hachette, ISBN: 9782011558114
Recommended Retail Price: £13.50