|Module Code: HP301|
|Module Name: Modern Spanish Language III|
|Module Coordinator: Dr Leticia Villamediana González|
|Timetable by Group|
|Module Credits: 30|
This module seeks:
- to consolidate and develop your ability to write and speak to a theme confidently and at a level of some intellectual sophistication in correct Spanish;
- to increase your vocabulary, both general and specialised;
- to consolidate and develop your awareness of the conventions governing different forms of written Spanish;
- to improve listening and reading comprehension skills;
- to consolidate and develop your ability to translate from Spanish into English and English into Spanish;
- to develop a deeper knowledge of Spanish grammatical and syntactical structures;
The course will use authentic resources from around the Hispanic world, including films, books, articles, newspapers, television and radio. You will complete a range of self-study activities through our multimedia VLE (Moodle for HP301).
The module is assessed by three examinations, 2 written and 1 oral.
- Oral Exam (33.3%).
- Translation Exam (3 hours; 33.3%): one passage from English into Spanish and one passage from Spanish into English.
- Writing Exam (3 hours; 33.3%).
Terms 1, 2 and 3:
- Advanced writing (1 hr)
- Oral and presentation skills (1 hr)
- Translation (1 hr)