The IGSDLink opens in a new window was relaunched in September 2022, alongside the University’s new Sustainability StrategyLink opens in a new window. It re-organised itself to become the gateway to research on global sustainable development at Warwick, this way contributing to, and shaping the Research PillarLink opens in a new window of the University's Sustainability StrategyLink opens in a new window, and Warwick's Way to Sustainable (WTS)Link opens in a new window.
To fulfil its mission, the IGSD structured its research and impact activities along the three core themes:
- Environmental Policy and GovernanceLink opens in a new window
- Complex eco-systems and climate change (with a focus on water security)Link opens in a new window
- Community and inter-species resilienceLink opens in a new window
We believe these themes will help us connect with related research across the university, to form a transdisciplinary research culture and to seek solutions to the existing and future challenges of a planetary scale. To this end, we would like to form Thematic Networks (TNs), to discuss and critique existing knowledge, bid for large-scale funding opportunities, train the next-generation of sustainability researchers (ECR STS – Sustainability Training SchoolLink opens in a new window), and shape transdisciplinary research culture by launching ASC – Annual Sustainability Conference - and engaging with existing forums (GSD Congress, SDSN, NCSR, ACU and other networks).
Call for Expression of InterestLink opens in a new window has now closed.
Please see our new IGSD Thematic FellowsLink opens in a new window
A further call will be announced at the end of 2023.
IGSD Thematic Fellow (ITFs) will contribute to one or more thematic networks, and become a member of a wider research impact forum, with its benefits and expectations
Application FormLink opens in a new window
Frequently Asked Questions
The benefits of membership will include:
Excellent addition to your CV and research portfolio
Being part of an outstanding cohort of ITFs and active researchers to transform and lead in the co-design and co-delivery of transdisciplinary research
Opportunity to engage with other IGSD Thematic Fellows from across the institution and beyond
Being connected to the IGSD Honorary Fellows from the global communities
Inputting and shaping the future of Institute of Global Sustainable Development (IGSD) and Warwick's Way to Sustainable (WTS)
Additionally, we will offer ITFs:
- Priority inclusion in large funding bids, and full support provided
- Priority inclusion in VIP events, with financial support where possible
- Advocacy and impact support
- Profile visualisation via our interactive network map
- Regular termly and ad hoc thematic meetings, with lunch provided
IGSD's expectations will include:
- Actively developing a shared research agenda for GSD at the University, nationally and globally
- Actively contributing to the IGSD core KPIs: STS, ASC, and Sustainability Policy Impact Forum (SPIF)
- Actively working towards setting up higher standards framework on Sustainable Development
- Actively shaping the Research Pillar of the WTS
This is a voluntary (non paid) position that sits within IGSD and will not affect the status of home department of the Fellow. We would expect Fellows to be able to support IGSD activities within their normal workload and capacity. Appointments are typically made for 3 years, however, there is an opportunity to re-apply in the final 6 months for a continuation. Application Form Link opens in a new window