- Blundell, N., Taylor-Phillips, S., Spitzer, D., Martin, S., Forde, I., Clarke, A. (2011) 'Elective surgical referral guidelines : background educational material or essential shared decision making tool? : a survey of GPs' in England' BMC Family Practice 12 (1), 92 (1471-2296) [article]
Bowyer, V., Sutcliffe, P., Ireland, R., Lindenmeyer, A., Gadsby, R., Graveney, M., Sturt, J., Dale, J. (2011). Oral health awareness in adult patients with diabetes: a questionnaire study. British Dental Journal, 211 (6), E12.
- Clarke, A., Friede, T., Putz, R., Ashdown, J., Martin, S., Blake, A., Adi, Y., Parkingson, J., Flynn, P., Platt, S., Stewart-Brown, S.(2011) 'Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS) : validated for teenage school students in England and Scotland : a mixed methods assessment' Biomed Central Public Health 118 (1), (1471-2458) [article]
- Connock, M., Hyde, C., Moore, D. (2011) 'Cautions Regarding the Fitting and Interpretation of Survival Curves: Examples from NICE Single Technology Appraisals of Drugs for Cancer' Pharmacoeconomics 29 (10), 827-837
- Connock, M., Cummins, E., Sutcliffe, PA., Court, RA., Johnson, R., Grove, AL., Ngianga-Bakwin, K., Mohiuddin, S and Clarke, A. (2011) Belimumab for the treatment of active autoantibody-positive systemic lupus erythematosus. [article].
Connock M, Cummins E, Shyangdan D, Hall B, Grove A, Clarke A. (2011) 'Abiraterone acetate for the treatment of metastatic, castrate-resistant prostate cancer following previous cytotoxic chemotherapy: A Single Technology Appraisal. [report]
- French DP, Williams SL, Michie S, Taylor C, Szczepura A, Stallard N, & Dale J. A cluster randomised controlled trial of the efficacy of a brief walking intervention delivered in primary care: Study protocol. BMC Family Practice 12; 56. [article]
Goddard, K, Roudsari A and Wyatt JC. Automation bias: a systematic review of frequency, effect mediators, and mitigators. JAMIA published online June 16, 2011 doi: 10.1136/amiajnl-2011-000089
- Gkeredakis, E., Swan,J., Powell,J., Nicolini,D., Scarbrough,H., Roginski,C., Taylor-Phillips,T, & Clarke, A. (2011) 'Mind the gap: Understanding utilisation of evidence and policy in health care management practice ' Journal of Health Organisation and Management 25 (3), 298 - 314 (1477-7266)
Grove, A,Meredith, J,. Walley P, Young F, Macintyre M (2011) 'Are we operating effectively? A lean analysis of operating theatre changeovers', Operations Research, 4 89 - 98
- Hind, D., Wailoo, A. J. and Sutcliffe, P. (2011) 'Demands for 'off-licence' access to trastuzumab (Herceptin): content analysis of UK newspaper articles', Health Expectations, 14 (1), 38 - 47 (1369-6513)
- Karmaker, B., Clarke, A., Ngianga-Bakwin, K. (2011) 'Factors associated with Female Genital Mutilation in Burkina Faso and its policy implications.', International Journal for Equity in Health, 10 (1475-9276) [article]
- Kandala N-B, Mandungu TP, EMINA JBO, Nzita KPD and Cappuccio FP(2011) 'Malnutrition among children under the age of five in The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): does geographic location matter?', Biomed Central Public Health, 11:261 (1471-2458). [article]
- Kandala, N. -B., Brodish, P., Buckner, B., Foster, S. and Madise, N. (2011) 'Millennium development goal 6 and HIV infection in Zambia: what can we learn from successive household surveys?', Aids, 25 (1), 95 - 106 (0269-9370). [article]
- Liu JLY, Wyatt JC. The case for randomized controlled trials to assess the impact of clinical information systems. JAMIA 2011[article].
- MacLennan S,J., MacLennan S,J. Imamura, M., Omar M.I., Vale L., Lam T, Royle P. et al. Urological cancer care pathways: development and use in the context of systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines. World J Urol 2011;29(3):291-301.
- Martin S, Sutcliffe P, Griffiths F, Sturt J, Powell J, Adams A, Dale J.(2011) 'Effectivness and impact of networked communication interventions in young people with mental health conditions: A systematic review.', Patient Education And Counselling.
- McKee, M., Pollock, AM., Clarke, A., McCoy, D., Middleton, J., Raine, R., and Scott-Samuel, A. (2011) In defence of the NHS : why writing to the House of Lords was necessary. BMJ, Vol.343 . d6535. ISSN 0959-535X. [article]
- Musila, N., Underwood, M. (Martin) M.D., McCaskie, A. W., Black, N., Clarke, A. and Meulen, J. H. van der (2011) Referral recommendations for osteoarthritis of the knee incorporating patients' preferences. Family Practice, Vol.28 (No.1). pp. 68-74. ISSN 0263-2136. [article]
- Narasimha A M, Kandala N-B, Ezhil R, Sudha R, Kaur P (2011) 'Statistical issues in studying the relative importance of Body Mass Index, Waist Circumference, Waist Hip Ratio and Waist Stature Ratio to predict type 2 diabetes', Journal Of Applied Statistics, (DOI:10.1080/02664763.2010.545113), (0266-4763)
- Osipenko L, Szczepura A. Non-invasive fetal sexing: Medical test or a new tool for sex selection? Diversity in Health and Care 2011;8(1):37-44. [article]
- Royle P, Cummins E, Walker C, Chong S, Kandala N-B, Waugh N. Botulinum toxin type A for the prophylaxis of headaches in adults with chronic migraine: a single technology appraisal. 2011, December NICE Guidance
- Royle P, Cummins E, Henderson R, Lois N, Shyangdan D, Waugh N. Ranibizumab for the treatment of diabetic macular oedema: a single technology appraisal. 2011, January Report on NICE website
- Scotland G, Waugh N, Royle P, McNamee P, Henderson R, Hollick R. Denosumab for the Prevention of Osteoporotic Fractures in Post-Menopausal Women: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal. Pharmacoeconomics 2011;29(11):951-61. [abstract]
- Scott GP, Shah P, Wyatt JC, Makubate B, Cross FW. Making electronic prescribing alerts more effective: scenario-based experimental study in junior doctor. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011 Aug 11. [Epub ahead of print] [abstract]
- Shyangdan D, Clar C, Ghouri N, Henderson R, Gurung T, Preiss D et al.(2011) 'Insulin-sensitisers in the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: systematic review.' Health Technology Assessment, 15(38) 1366-5278. [article]
- Shyangdan DS., Royle P, Clar C, Sharma P, Waugh N, Snaith A. (2011) 'Glucagon-like peptide analogues for type 2 diabetes mellitus.', Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, (Issue 10. Art. No.: CD006423. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006423.pub2. ) [report]
- Shyangdan D, Cummins E, Royle P, Waugh N. (2011) 'Liraglutide for the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a single technology appraisal.', Health Technology Assessment, 15 (Suppl. 1), 77 - 86 (1366-5278). [article]
Stewart-Brown SL, Platt S, Tennant A, Maheswaran H, Parkinson J, Weich S, Tennant R, Taggart F, Clarke A. The Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-Being Scale (WEMWBS): A valid and reliable tool for measuring mental well-being in diverse populations and projects. J Epidemiology Community Health 2011; 65: A38-A39
- Sutcliffe, P., Martin, S., Sturt, J., Powell, J., Griffiths, F., Adams, A. and Dale, J. (2011) 'Systematic review of communication technologies to promote access and engagement of young people with diabetes into healthcare', BMC Endocrine Disorders, 11 1 (1472-6823) [article]
- Szczepura, A. (2011) 'Nutrition in an ethnically diverse society: what are some of the key challenges?', Proceedings Of The Nutrition Society, 70 (2), 252 - 262 (0029-6651) [article]
- Szczepura A. Residential and nursing homes: how can they meet the challenge of an aging population? Future Medicine - Aging Health. 2011; 7(6): 877-887. Article on Biomed Central
- Szczepura A, Osipenko L, Freeman K. A New Fetal RHD Genotyping Test: Costs and benefits of mass testing to target antenatal anti-D prophylaxis in England and Wales. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2011, 11:5. [article]
- Szczepura, A; Wild D; Nelson, S. Medication administration errors for older people in long-term residential care. BMC Geriatrics 2011, 11:82 doi:10.1186/1471-2318-11-82. [article]
- Taylor-Phillips S, Clarke A, Wheaton M, Wallis MG, Duncan A, Gale AG. Health Services Research and clinical issues: Does the performance of mammography readers in the NHSBSP vary? And how much does
this matter? J Epidemiol Community Health 2011;65:Suppl 2 A13 doi:10.1136/jech.2011.143586.28 (SSM)
- Waugh N, Millard A, Robertson L, Royle P. Research review for the Scottish Public Health Network. Screening for and prevention of type 2 diabetes. 2011 Article on Scot PHN
- Waugh N, Royle P, Scotland G, Henderson R, Hollick R. McNamee P. (2011) 'Denosumab for the prevention of osteoporotic fractures in post-menopausal women.', Health Technology Assessment, 15 (Sup 1), (1366-5278)
- Wild D, Nelson S, Szczepura A, Kydd A. Managing a remedial care approach in care homes for older people using the ‘Caring For and Caring About’ Model (Part 3). Nursing Times.
- Wild D, Szczepura A, Nelson S. (2011). New barcode checks help reduce drug round errors in care homes. Nursing Management, 18 (5), 26-30.