Bassuk EL, Richard MK, Tsertsvadze A.The prevalence of mental illness in homeless children: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015 Feb;54(2):86-96.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2014.11.008. Epub 2014 Nov 22.
Bennet O, Kandala NB, Ji C, Linnane J, Clarke A. Spatial variation of heart failure
and air pollution in Warwickshire, UK: an investigation of small scale variation at the ward-level. BMJ Open, doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006028.
- Blunt I. Bardsley M. Clarke A. Analysis of emergency 30-day readmissions in England using routine hospital data 2004-2010. Is there scope for reduction? Emergency Medicine Journal, 2014 Mar 25. doi:10.1136/emermed-2013-202531. Published 25 March 2014.
- Cassell JA, Dodds J, Estcourt C, Llewellyn C, Lanza S, Richens J, Smith H, Symonds M, Copas A, Roberts T, Walters K, White P, Lowndes C, Mistry H et al. The relative clinical and cost effectiveness of three contrasting approaches to partner notification for curable sexually transmitted infections: a cluster randomised trial in primary care. Health Technology Assessment, 2015; 19(5). [article]
Chen Y-F, Bramley G, Unwin G, Hanu-Cernat D, Dretzke J, Moore D, Bayliss S, Cummins C, Lilford R. Occipital nerve stimulation for chronic migraine - a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE 2015;10(3): e0116786
- Clar C, Tsertsvadze A, Court R, Hundt GL, Clarke A, Sutcliffe P.Clinical effectiveness of manual therapy for the management of musculoskeletal and non-musculoskeletal conditions: systematic review and update of UK evidence report. Chiropractic & Manual Therapies, 2014 22:12, doi:10.1186/2045-709X-22-12
- Clarke A, Pulikottil-Jacob R, Grove A, Freeman K, Mistry H, Tsertsvadze A, Connock M, Court R, Kandala NB, Costa M, Suri G, Metcalfe D, Crowther M, Morrow S, Johnson S, Sutcliffe P.Total hip replacement and surface replacement for the treatment of pain and disability resulting from end-stage arthritis of the hip (review of technology appraisal guidance 2 and 44): systematic review and economic evaluation.Health Technol Assess. 2015 Jan;19(10):1-668, vii-viii. doi: 10.3310/hta19100.
Clarke A, Pulikottil-Jacob R. Connock M. Suri G. Kandala N. Maheswaran H. Banner N, Sutcliffe P. Cost-effectiveness of Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) for patients with advanced heart failure: analysis of the British NHS Bridge to Transplant (BTT) program. International Journal of Cardiology 2014 Feb15; 171(3): 338-45. Doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2013.12.015
- Clarke A, Pulikottil-Jacob R, Grove A, Freeman K, Mistry H, Tsertsvadze A, Connock M, Court R, Kandala NB, Costa M, Suri G, Metcalfe D, Crowther M, Morrow S, Johnson S, Sutcliffe P. Total hip replacement and surface replacement for the treatment of pain and disability resulting from end-stage arthritis of the hip (review of technology appraisal guidance 2 and 44): systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technology Assessment, 2015; 19(10). DOI: 10.3310/hta19100. [article]
Feeley, A-M., Biggerstaff, D.L (2015). Exam success at undergraduate and graduate entry medical schools: Is learning style or learning approach more important? A critical review Teaching and Learning in Medicine. International Journal. (June, 2015)
Fernandes A, Balasegaram S, Willis C, Wimalarathna H, Maiden M, McCarthy ND. Partial failure of milk pasteurisation as a risk for the transmission of Campylobacter from cattle to humans. Clinical Infectious Diseases. Partial failure of milk pasteurisation as a risk for the transmission of Campylobacter from cattle to humans. Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- Freeman K, Connock M, Ewen Cummins E, Gurung T, Taylor-Phillips S, Court R, Clarke A, Sutcliffe P, 2015. Fluorouracil plasma monitoring: systematic review and economic evaluation of the My5-FU assay for guiding dose adjustment in patients receiving fluorouracil chemotherapy by continuous infusion. HEALTH TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT 19 (91) . DOI 10.3310/hta19910 [article]
Grove A, Currie G, Clarke A. The barriers and facilitators to the implementation of clinical guidance in elective orthopaedic surgery: a qualitative study protocol. Implementation Science on 22 May 2015. MS: 1591926971709169
- Hartley L, Dyakova M,Holmes J, Clarke A, Lee MS, Ernst E, Rees K. Yoga for the primary prevention of
cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 5, Art. No. CD010072.
- Kandala NB, Connock M, Pulikottil-Jacob R, Mistry H, Sutcliffe P, Costa M, Clarke A.
‘Response to two recent BMJ papers on mortality after hip replacements;comparative modelling study’. BMJ 2014 Feb 19;348:g1506. Doi:10.1136/bmj.g1506.
- Kandala N-B, Connock M,Pulikottil-Jacob R, Sutcliffe P, Grove A, Mistry H, Clarke A. Total Hip Replacement: Setting a benchmark revision rate- analysis of Registry evidence. BMJ 2015;350:h756. [article]
- Kandala NB, Connock M, Puliottil-Jacob R, Sutcliffe P, Grove A, Mistry H, Clarke A. (2015) 'Total hip replacement protheses with different bearing surface and fixation modes: analysis of Registry evidence for setting a benchmark revision rate.', BMJ, Accepted In Press (0959-535X)
- Kandala NB, Komba PN. Geographic Variation of Female Genital Mutilation and Legal Enforcement in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Case Study of Senegal. The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2015. p 1-10. doi:10.4269/ajtmh.14-0074 [in press].
Kazembe L. and Kandala N-B. Estimating areas of common risk in low birth weight and infant mortality in Namibia: a joint spatial analysis at sub-regional level. Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology (in press).
Maheswaran H, Kupek E, Petrou S. Self-reported health and socio-economic inequalities in England, 1996-2009: Repeated national cross-sectional study. Social Science and Medicine (in press)
Mockford C, Fritz Z, George R, Court R, Grove A, Clarke B, Field R, Perkins G (2015) 'Do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation (DNACPR) orders:A systematic review of the barriers and facilitators of decision-makingand implementation', Resuscitation, Volume 88 99 - 113 (0300-9572) [article]
- Peeters E, van IJperen WJ, Robertson L, Royle P, van IJperen WJ Sr. 2015 Analysis of the safety and efficacy of diabetic ketoacidosis management in a Community General Hospital, 2001–2010: a descriptive study Scottish Medical Journal 0(0) 1–5. DOI: 10.1177/0036933015592291 [article]
- Perkins G, Griffiths F, Slowther A, George R, Fritz Z, Satherley P, Williams B, Waugh N, Cooke M, Chambers S, Mockford C, Freeman K, Grove A, Field R, Owen S, Clarke B. (2015) 'Do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation (dnacpr) decisions: evidence synthesis', Health Services and Delivery Research, In press (2050-4349).
Pulikottil-Jacob R, Connock M, Kandala N-B, Mistry H, Grove A, Costa M, Sutcliffe P, Clarke A, (2015) 'Cost-effectiveness of total hip replacements for women and men with hip osteoarthritis: comparison of devices with differing bearing surfaces and modes of fixation.', Bone And Joint Journal, The, Accepted In Press(2044-5377)
Pulikottil-Jacob R, Suri G, Connock M, Kandala NB, Sutcliffe P, Maheswaran H, Banner NR, Clarke A. Comparative cost-effectiveness of the HeartWare versus HeartMate II left ventricular assist devices used in the United Kingdom National Health Service bridge-to-transplant program for patients with heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2014 April;33(4):350-8. doi: 10.1016/j.healun.2014.01.003
Royle P, Mistry H, Auguste P, Shyangdan D, Freeman K, Lois N, Waugh N. Pan-retinal photocoagulation and other forms of laser treatment and drug therapies for non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2015; in press.
Royle P, Waugh N. Bibliometrics of NIHR HTA monographs and their related journal articles. BMJ Open. 2015:5:e006595
- Rumbold BE, Smith JA, Hurst J, Charlesworth A, Clarke A. Improving productive efficiency in
hospitals: findings from a review of the international evidence. Health Economics, Policy and Law. doi: 10.1017/S174413311400022X
- Stewart-Brown S, Samaraweera PC, Taggart F, Kandala N-B, Stranges S. Socio-economic Gradients and Mental Health: Implications for Public Health. British Journal of Psychiatry 206, 1–5. doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.114.147280
- Taylor-Phillips S, Wallis MG, Parsons H, Dunn J, Stallard N, Campbell H, Sellars S, Szczepura A,
Gates S and Clarke A. Changing case order to optimise patterns of performance in mammography screening (CO-OPS): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials 2014, 15:17, doi:10.1186/1745-6215-15-17.
Taylor-Phillips S, Mistry H, Leslie R, Todkill D, Tsertsvadze A, Connock M, Clarke A. Extending the diabetic retinopathy screening interval beyond 1 year: systematic review.Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Jan 13. pii: bjophthalmol-2014-305938. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2014-305938. [Epub ahead of print] Review.
- Taylor-Phillips S, Grove A, Hoffmeister S, Wheaton M, Coult S, Essex J, Hackney J, Di Cioccio
S, Clarke A. 'Going paperless’ in an English NHS breast cancer screening service: the introduction of fully digital mammography. Health, 2014;6(5):468-74. doi: 10.4236/health.2014.65065.
- Taylor-Phillips S, Markus C. Elze, Elizabeth A. Krupinski, Kathryn Dennick, Alastair G. Gale, Clarke A, Claudia Mello-Thoms: Retrospective Review of the Drop in Observer Detection Performance Over Time in Lesion-enriched Experimental Studies. J. Digital Imaging. 28(1): 32-40 (2015) [article]
- Taylor-Phillips S, Mistry H, Leslie R, Todkill D, Tsertsvadze A, Connock M, Clarke A.
Extending the diabetic retinopathy screening interval beyond 1 year: systematic review. BJO Online First, published on January 13, 2015 as 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2014-305938.
Tsertsvadze A, Gurung T, Court R, Clarke A, Sutcliffe P. Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of elemental nutrition for the maintenance of remission in Crohn's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Health Technol Assess. 2015 Mar;19(26):1-138. doi: 10.3310/hta19260.
Tsertsvadze A, Clar C, Court R, Clarke A, Mistry H, Sutcliffe P. Cost-Effectiveness of manual therapy for the management of musculoskeletal conditions: A systematic review and narrative synthesis of
evidence from randomized controlled trials. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2014 Jul-Aug;37(6):343-62. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2014.05.001. Epub 2014 Jun27.
- Underwood M, Sutcliffe P, Connock M, Shyangdan D, Court R, Kandala N-B, Clarke
A. A systematic review of evidence on malignant spinal metastates:technologies for identifying patients at high risk of vertebral fracture and spinal cord compression. The Bone and Joint Journal, 2014 vol. 96-B no. SUPP 4 31
- Uthman OA, Hartley L, Rees K, Taylor F, Volmink J, Ebrahim S, Clarke A. Multiple risk factor
interventions for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in low-and middle-income countries. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014. Issue 6. Art No: CD011163. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD011163
- Uthman OA, Saunders R, Sinclair D, Graves P, Gelband H, Clarke A, Garner P. Safety of 8-aminoquinolines given to people with G6PD deficiency: protocol for systematic review of prospective studies. BMJ Open 2014;4:e004664. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2013-004664. [article]
- Uthman OA, Wiysonge CS, Ota MO,Nicol M, Hussey GD, Ndumbe PM, Mayosi BM. Increasing the value of health research in the WHO African Region beyond 2015-reflecting on the past, celebrating the present and building the future: a bibliometric analysis. BMJ Open. 2015;5(3):e006340. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006340. PMID: 25770227 [article]